THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dele Alli*
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 10:49 pm 

He absolutely changed the game for Everton tonight

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 10:51 pm 
BristolDon wrote:
Filthier wrote:
Hertsdon wrote:
Filthier wrote:
Everton apparently looking to sell Dele this summer for £20m and Spurs would get 25%.

If that happens, do we get anything from that at all or is that a separate deal entirely and our sell-on doesn't matter anymore as he was technically a free transfer to Everton from Spurs?

Would be very harsh/unfair for us to be cut out of any money like that.

Not a single person that posts on this message board knows the specifics of the deal we had with Spurs regarding dele so there's not much point speculating really.

We need to let the dele sell on thing go, imo that ship has sailed.

Not suggesting anyone knows the specific deal details for Dele, just more asking anyone with an awareness of how sell-on clauses typically work.

Yes we will get 18% of that 25%. Spurs get that 25% because they sold Dele, therefore we're still entitled to our share

Pretty sure I heard it was only 18% of any profit Spurs make on the £5m they paid us upfront. So if they get 25% of £20m they'd get £5m and wouldn't make any profit so we wouldn't get anything :roll:

Still, too many ifs and buts at this point and there's still a good chance he'll stay at Everton and get to 20 appearances.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 11:44 pm 

I find it very hard to believe that Levy would let him leave for free and only set a 25% sell-on fee. He is a very astute guy and must have foreseen the biggest risk of the transfer structure from a Spurs perspective was Everton selling him on before 20 appearances and any money was due. I wouldn't be surprised if the sell-on fee was closer to 90% than 25%!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:23 am 
Now just 8 appearances until we receive £0 from Tottenham's £10m windfall.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:00 am 

Filthier wrote:

We’ll see. It does currently look as though he’s a part of Lampard’s plans and you would hope they’ve earmarked that £20M fee for him.

If paid, then there’s no legal reason not for us to get our 18% of the profit(whatever folk may think about how Daniel Levy may try to weasel out of it).

However, that profit is not quite the full £15M for Spurs. They probably paid us at least another £1M on appearances, goals and England caps. So, let’s say it’s £14M profit, that would represent £2.5M to us on that 18%. Pretty healthy, but would be paid over the term of his new Everton deal rather than as a lump sum, I’m sure.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:10 am 

Camdenite wrote:
Filthier wrote:

We’ll see. It does currently look as though he’s a part of Lampard’s plans and you would hope they’ve earmarked that £20M fee for him.

If paid, then there’s no legal reason not for us to get our 18% of the profit(whatever folk may think about how Daniel Levy may try to weasel out of it).

However, that profit is not quite the full £15M for Spurs. They probably paid us at least another £1M on appearances, goals and England caps. So, let’s say it’s £14M profit, that would represent £2.5M to us on that 18%. Pretty healthy, but would be paid over the term of his new Everton deal rather than as a lump sum, I’m sure.

So once Everton owe Spurs £10mil, we should receive £720k? (18% of the 4mil profit)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:31 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Filthier wrote:

So once Everton owe Spurs £10mil, we should receive £720k? (18% of the 4mil profit)

I believe so (assuming that £1mil is accurate). And then in the future when Everton pay another £10mil, all of that is profit so we'd get another £1.8mil.
That'd mean a total income from Dele of just over £8.5mil. Not bad

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:42 am 

BristolDon wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Filthier wrote:

I believe so (assuming that £1mil is accurate). And then in the future when Everton pay another £10mil, all of that is profit so we'd get another £1.8mil.

It sounds like Besiktas has an option to buy Dele for €7m. If true, we basically get nothing if Spurs still has a 25% sell on fee.
Also, seems a bit silly for Levy to let a deal like that happen. They essentially given Dele away for €1.75m

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:41 pm 

AB4 wrote:
BristolDon wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Filthier wrote:

It sounds like Besiktas has an option to buy Dele for €7m. If true, we basically get nothing if Spurs still has a 25% sell on fee.
Also, seems a bit silly for Levy to let a deal like that happen. They essentially given Dele away for €1.75m

Levy is one of the tightest, most savvy chairmen going so I find it hard to imagine he wouldn't have considered the scenario where Everton move Dele on before 20 apps. I am sure Spurs are due a large chunk of whatever Besiktas pay.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:33 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
AB4 wrote:
BristolDon wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Filthier wrote:

Levy is one of the tightest, most savvy chairmen going so I find it hard to imagine he wouldn't have considered the scenario where Everton move Dele on before 20 apps. I am sure Spurs are due a large chunk of whatever Besiktas pay.

Yes I'm with you there. But even if they got 100% of the fee from Besiktas, that still means €7m and far less than the £10m due after he played the first 20 games for Everton. That fee could have been as much as £40m if he played enough games.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next