THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Matt O'Riley *
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:31 pm 

Aston Villa now rumoured to be interested in signing Matt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:59 am 

Utterly gutted. Off to Atletico Madrid. 2.5 million euro loan fee (we will not see a penny of) and obligation to buy for 5 million euros in the Summer.

Was expecting 15-20 million minimum.

Atletico have got themselves an absolute steal! Whoever sanctioned this at Celtic needs their head checking as in the current climate that is far too cheap.

We'll get £750,000 I am led to believe.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:06 pm 

Seems a strange move to me. I'm sure he could take his pick from a number of top European clubs. I've got no idea why somebody with his ability would want to go and play for such a negative team. They hardly touch the ball at all and their whole identity under Simeone is about being defensive. I hope it works out for him, but it seems an odd one.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:14 pm 

I thought the same. I really wanted him to end up moving to someone far more positive in possession, but I don't understand the Celtic position.

They are probably eyeing up the pound signs and see the possibility of an Enzo Fernandez-style move. Denmark have qualified for the Euro 2024 and he will start, and flourish. Chelsea or similar will throw millions at him. But, by loaning with obligation to buy, it's ruling out that prospect happening for them.

Just massively dissapointed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:18 pm 

Saying all this as though it has completely gone through, which it hasn't yet. But still, wheels are more than in motion.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:19 pm 

Relax chaps. It’s not a done deal. I’ve seen accounts claiming that Celtic will not entertain the offer.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:22 pm 

SteelbackDon wrote:
Utterly gutted. Off to Atletico Madrid. 2.5 million euro loan fee (we will not see a penny of) and obligation to buy for 5 million euros in the Summer.

Atletico have got themselves an absolute steal! Whoever sanctioned this at Celtic needs their head checking as in the current climate that is far too cheap.

Absolutely no chance in hell this is true. They turned down a £10m bid in the summer..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:46 pm 

Say what you like about Celtic, and believe me I have a fucking lot to say about those ladybits, but if there's one annoying thing they're good at it's selling players on at a profit. They have a good business model, and like the ladybits they are, they're very good at it. I'd be amazed if this loan nonsense has legs.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:00 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
SteelbackDon wrote:

Absolutely no chance in hell this is true. They turned down a £10m bid in the summer..

This. No chance he's moving for less than 8 figures this month.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:54 pm 

"Bid rejected and O'Riley is staying" - BBC story today

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next