THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject: Re: Matt O'Riley *
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:07 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
"Bid rejected and O'Riley is staying" - BBC story today

Hmm.
Was hoping they'd get a good bid and sell him while his stock is high. That should still be the case in the summer as well, of course, so hopefully it happens then. Just don't want it to go the same way as the likes of Alli and Healey, where the big move never happens and that game changing sell on fee never arrives.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:19 pm 

Plum wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
"Bid rejected and O'Riley is staying" - BBC story today

Hmm.
Was hoping they'd get a good bid and sell him while his stock is high. That should still be the case in the summer as well, of course, so hopefully it happens then. Just don't want it to go the same way as the likes of Alli and Healey, where the big move never happens and that game changing sell on fee never arrives.

Unless something goes seriously wrong, his value will not decrease over the next 5-6 months.

Celtic were never going to sell this month. They're in a strong position contract wise, they know their fans would go mental if they sell their best player halfway through the season and they know they'll be strong interest in the summer and they'll have more time and more options replacement wise.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:37 pm 

Read the Celtic forums. There is no way Matt is considered their best player. Don't let the BBC match reviews fool you.

He's good, we know that. And getting better. They see him as a future talent who started brightly, went off the boil for the second half of last season and is now performing again. Kinda what you expect for a young prospect.

Regardless, as you say he should still be worth a pretty penny in the summer.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:41 pm 

Whilst I'd like a bit of money I'm really hoping he gets a move where he will thrive. One of those players I keep an eye out for every week.

I really can't see the fee being £30million though. I reckon £15-20mill, maybe rising to £25mill with add ons

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:22 am 

cornerdon26 wrote:
Whilst I'd like a bit of money I'm really hoping he gets a move where he will thrive. One of those players I keep an eye out for every week.

I really can't see the fee being £30million though. I reckon £15-20mill, maybe rising to £25mill with add ons

What I really want to know is how sell on clauses typically work. We'll never know for sure without actually seeing the agreement, but I can't even seem to find anything on how they usually apply.

For example, do sell on clauses usually apply for all future transfers or do they only apply for the first one? If they usually apply for all future transfer, then we'll lose 50% to Fulham.

So if he goes for £20mil, we'd likely only see just over £2.3m of that. (25% of the profit Celtic make and 50% to Fulham). It's definitely not game changing money.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:12 pm 

Apologies for wetting the bed early. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:16 pm 

SteelbackDon wrote:
Apologies for wetting the bed early. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13