THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 2:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Tisdale’s at the Wheel
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:22 pm 

I see the vacancy at Stevenage has been filled by Paul Tisdale with his usual back room staff, also seems like a mixed reaction from Boro fans, plus some wonderful cheap shots on social media like they should announce relegation now.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:25 pm 

That's a good appointment for them. That's the size of club that'll suit him down to the ground.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:07 pm 

Don’t know why some Boro fans are moaning about appointing Tisdale, he’s the ideal man for the job, he’s got a wealth of league 2 experience and has proven he can manage there.

Who were they expecting to get?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:02 pm 
Scribble wrote:
Don’t know why some Boro fans are moaning about appointing Tisdale, he’s the ideal man for the job, he’s got a wealth of league 2 experience and has proven he can manage there.

Who were they expecting to get?

I think they were after that guy coaching in the Belgian second tier, Steve Annidge.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:07 pm 

And now he's gone. Barely lasted 4 months. Thought he'd improve things there but clearly not has he's been sacked.

Not sure how things are behind the scenes at Stevenage, but he seems a million miles away from promotion to League 1 with us and his Exeter days.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:02 pm 

Replaced by the ghastly Steve Evans. He'll keep them up but, if I was a Boro fan, I'd rather be relegated than have that odious turd at my club.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:46 pm 
BuckDon wrote:
And now he's gone. Barely lasted 4 months. Thought he'd improve things there but clearly not has he's been sacked.

Not sure how things are behind the scenes at Stevenage, but he seems a million miles away from promotion to League 1 with us and his Exeter days.

I can't see Tisdale getting another managerial/head coach role ever again TBH, unless Exeter feel sorry for him should they ever need a new manager and are still in L2 at that point. Maybe he'll get taken on as an advisor or something like he was at Colchester, but his credibility has taken a massive hit.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:50 pm 

Filthier wrote:
BuckDon wrote:

I can't see Tisdale getting another managerial/head coach role ever again TBH, unless Exeter feel sorry for him should they ever need a new manager and are still in L2 at that point. Maybe he'll get taken on as an advisor or something like he was at Colchester, but his credibility has taken a massive hit.

He still has a recent promotion on his CV (us). That'll get him another job. Like all the other regular contestants on the Magical Manager Roundabout.

But I agree - his brand is becoming rapidly devalued to zero.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:18 am 

IMO it says more about Stevenage than it does about him. I thought that would have been the perfect fit for each party. However, if Evans is deemed a better fit, your brand is well and truly fucked.