THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 6:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Scott Fraser~
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:37 am 

Ipswich have resigned Bersant Celina, who impressed on loan with them a few years ago. Fraser has been used out wide at times and seems to have been taken off penalty duties, now they add another CAM. Will be interesting to see if his game time is slightly reduced

Post subject: Russell Martin~
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:13 pm 

Yea groundhog day 4 Fraser what was it he said when we signed him a few games in I didn't sign here to be down the BOTTOM of the league, has COOKIE gone yet..?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:10 pm 

He didn't make the match day squad yesterday for Ipswich. I couldn't find any information in the match preview or squad announcement to explain his absence, have I missed something at all?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:56 pm 

Not as good as Scott Twine

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:50 am 

I know nothing about this man, but he did come across as very ambitious and , if you excuse the racism, a bit of a fiery Scott. I think, as shown when Martin subbed him, he would take a certain type of manager to get the best out of him which Martin appeared to do at first. I do not know what Paul Cook's style of managing is.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:51 am 

Great shame because he's such a good player.

Imagine him and Twine in the same team*.

*Probably poorly balanced.

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:56 am 

Im intrigued as to how Dons fans will remember Fraser in a few years time.

Obviously only a handful of us actually got to see him play in person, but he had impressive numbers and was a bright spark in an inconsistent season. However the incident when he was subbed, most fans having little emotional connection from not seeing him live and him leaving after only one year to another League One club all takes away from it a little.

For me he was very good for us. I wish he stayed a bit longer however I'm not bitter about his departure due the financial aspect. I do however wish I got to see him play live a little more

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:27 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:

Obviously only a handful of us actually got to see him play in person, but he had impressive numbers and was a bright spark in an inconsistent season. However the incident when he was subbed, most fans having little emotional connection from not seeing him live and him leaving after only one year to another League One club all takes away from it a little.

For me he was very good for us. I wish he stayed a bit longer however I'm not bitter about his departure due the financial aspect. I do however wish I got to see him play live a little more

Second this- I was one of the fortunate ones who still got to go to the games every week alongwith a handful of away matches. He wasn't overrated, but I feel he was a little unlucky to be playing alongside experience instead of pace/exuberance. For a footballer who was intricate as well as better suited to a faster style of play, i'm certain he would've been even better alongside Robson, Parrott and Twine than he would alongside Jerome, Surman and Grigg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:45 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:

I think he will be largely forgotten or just not mentioned - for all the reasons you highlight. Even though he was probably better than Gilbey, we'll eventually remember Gilbey more when we look back on our League One days - after Manning, Eisa, Parrott, Darling and a 45-year-old Lewington have taken us into the Premier League! :-)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:52 pm 

I was a huge fanboi.... but he'll not be remembered in the way that Andrews, Chadwick, etc will be. A very talented player but not part of our collective memory.