THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 5:43 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rhys Healey*
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:46 am 

keyser soze wrote:
voxish wrote:
BuckDon wrote:
He just scored all 4 goals in a 4-1 win over Sochaux, the guys on fire. Toulouse are financially a pretty well backed team, so it would take several million to tempt them to sell. Hopefully we would have a decent sell on clause if he were to be sold.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... y-25462838

Why would anyone want to move bacK to England after living in SW France? Quality of life so much better IMO and they clearly love him there (obvs football is fickle so who knows what the future brings but I know what I'd choose!)

He's Welsh. Sunshine and great food (and wine) are anathema.

I should have said UK - but good point.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:49 am 

keyser soze wrote:
voxish wrote:
BuckDon wrote:
He just scored all 4 goals in a 4-1 win over Sochaux, the guys on fire. Toulouse are financially a pretty well backed team, so it would take several million to tempt them to sell. Hopefully we would have a decent sell on clause if he were to be sold.

Why would anyone want to move bacK to England after living in SW France? Quality of life so much better IMO and they clearly love him there (obvs football is fickle so who knows what the future brings but I know what I'd choose!)

Is he? This is a genuine question. Wikipedia says he was born in Manchester but was playing for a Welsh side at u16s so he may have been brought up there. Considering Wales' track record of giving out caps to anyone who is slightly Welsh and played a couple of good gamesin League One or above, I'd be amazed if he is eligible for Wales having not received a cap yet.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:50 am 

cornerdon26 wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
voxish wrote:
BuckDon wrote:

Is he? This is a genuine question. Wikipedia says he was born in Manchester but was playing for a Welsh side at u16s so he may have been brought up there. Considering Wales' track record of giving out caps to anyone who is slightly Welsh and played a couple of good gamesin League One or above, I'd be amazed if he is eligible for Wales having not received a cap yet.

It was a tongue in cheek comment. He's actually an adopted Milton Keynesian, eligible to play for any Franchise.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:26 am 

keyser soze wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
voxish wrote:
BuckDon wrote:

It was a tongue in cheek comment. He's actually an adopted Milton Keynesian, eligible to play for any Franchise.

Haha, I am genuinely intrigued if he is eligible for Wales or any other home nation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:00 pm 
He won Ligue 2 Player of the Month award for November. Second time he's won the monthly award.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:10 pm 

Toulouse are second in the table, a point off top spot, Rhys scored in their last game a 2 - 1 win at Nimes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:40 am 
Toulouse now 5 points clear at the top of Ligue 2, but Healey now joined at the top of the top scorers list with 13 with two other players. Hopefully he'll get his shooting boots back and finish with the golden boot as well as a promotion.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:52 pm 

Toulouse now 10 pts clear with 7 games to go. Rhys currently top scorer with 15 league goals with two others 1 goal behind. Hopefully we gave some performance clauses in the contract.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:20 pm 

Bet he's absolutely loving it down in the south of France. I'm sure he will eventually make a return to English Football, but I wouldn't rush if I was him, especially if they get promoted.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:50 pm 

I'm sure backed by a rich consortium they have the power to pay him more than he would get at a top championship club, it's a no brainer staying there for the lifestyle alone. Would not be rushing back if I was him. Toulouse have a genuine chance to get European football in the next 2 years with their not being much of a disparity between a club with ambition and backing and the sides standing in their way. Rennes are proof of how far a team with good recruitment and scouting can progress in that league, they are now a match for anyone in the league.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next