THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 3:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rhys Healey*
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 5:22 pm 

Well, Toulouse making a much better fist of it in the away leg, leading 1 - 0 with half an hour to play, Healey is playing

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 5:56 pm 

Finished 1 - 0, but Toulouse lose the tie on the away goal rule, shame, they gave it a real go and were far the better side today

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:11 pm 

Toulouse have made an impressive start to the season, 5 wins, 2 draws and 0 defeats so far. Healey has started every game this season scoring 4 goals in the process, including a goal at the weekend in a 4-1 win

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:27 pm 
Going great for him. Rhys is currently joint-top scorer in Ligue 2 with 8 goals, and Toulouse are top of the league, only lost once all season. Looking good for them to go up automatically.

Hopefully we have a good sell-on fee as well as a promotion clause in there to increase his transfer fee. Will be a lot of Prem/Championship clubs looking at him - he's probably worth £5m-£10m now I would think.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:29 pm 

He just scored all 4 goals in a 4-1 win over Sochaux, the guys on fire. Toulouse are financially a pretty well backed team, so it would take several million to tempt them to sell. Hopefully we would have a decent sell on clause if he were to be sold.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:34 pm 
BuckDon wrote:
He just scored all 4 goals in a 4-1 win over Sochaux, the guys on fire. Toulouse are financially a pretty well backed team, so it would take several million to tempt them to sell. Hopefully we would have a decent sell on clause if he were to be sold.

Hopefully we also have some other performance/milestone clauses in there too - more money if he achieves promotion, finishes top scorer in the league, scores a certain amount of goals etc.

But yes, that sell on % is hopefully there, we'd be stupid not to have done that. I'm pretty sure Andy Cullen said there were lots of add on clauses in the deal but obviously didn't go into specifics.

He's the type of signing that a well funded lower end Prem or top half Championship side would go for in the summer. There are a few clubs that have signed from Ligue 2 in the past, notably Leicester signing Kante for €8m from a Ligue 2 side several years ago.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:38 pm 

Filthier wrote:
BuckDon wrote:

Hopefully we also have some other performance/milestone clauses in there too - more money if he achieves promotion, finishes top scorer in the league, scores a certain amount of goals etc.

But yes, that sell on % is hopefully there, we'd be stupid not to have done that. I'm pretty sure Andy Cullen said there were lots of add on clauses in the deal but obviously didn't go into specifics.

He's the type of signing that a well funded lower end Prem or top half Championship side would go for in the summer. There are a few clubs that have signed from Ligue 2 in the past, notably Leicester signing Kante for €8m from a Ligue 2 side several years ago.

We all loved Rhys but, to be honest, we haven't missed him too much. His move might be the definition of win-win - we got some cash, he got some cash, we get some more cash and he further boosts his career (and gets some more cash). Happy days.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:15 pm 

BuckDon wrote:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... y-25462838

Why would anyone want to move bacK to England after living in SW France? Quality of life so much better IMO and they clearly love him there (obvs football is fickle so who knows what the future brings but I know what I'd choose!)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:22 pm 

voxish wrote:
BuckDon wrote:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... y-25462838

Why would anyone want to move bacK to England after living in SW France? Quality of life so much better IMO and they clearly love him there (obvs football is fickle so who knows what the future brings but I know what I'd choose!)

He's Welsh. Sunshine and great food (and wine) are anathema.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:45 am 
His 4th goal from yesterday is well worth checking out....a "no look" volley into the top right hand corner. What a beauty.

First one wasn't bad either, Twine-esque long range effort from outside the box.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next