THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rhys Healey*
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:17 pm 

WellDon wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
THRILLHO wrote:
This selling players at a cut price in the hope of profiting from an inflated sell on clause is going swimmingly isn’t it? :lol:

I don't think we sold Healey at a cut price?

£1.3m I was told.

Not the worst for a striker with a weird injury hit career, I think he was 25 when he left and probabl6 only had a year on his deal. Hardly much hype or excitement in the press around him either. Seems a more than reasonable fee

Hopefully he has a speedy recovery. Fuck the sell on clause. His fitness is priority, hopefully he isn't out too long and when he does return can repeat last year's form and get some Ligue 1 goals

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:11 pm 

Depends whether you’re us or peterboro! They would have got 7-9 million for a striker of his quality no less! As it stands we got £1.3 million not even paid upfront with a sell on clause that’s basically worthless considering he handed in a transfer request then done his cal before being sold.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:40 pm 

THRILLHO wrote:
Depends whether you’re us or peterboro! They would have got 7-9 million for a striker of his quality no less! As it stands we got £1.3 million not even paid upfront with a sell on clause that’s basically worthless considering he handed in a transfer request then done his cal before being sold.

According to Transfermarket.com they have never got that for anyone

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:34 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
THRILLHO wrote:

They got 8 million for assombalonga in 2014 incidentally the same year we got £5 million for a generational talent dele alli and not a player whose ceiling is the championship. They also got £10 million for Ivan Toney.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:05 pm 

THRILLHO wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
THRILLHO wrote:

They got 8 million for assombalonga in 2014 incidentally the same year we got £5 million for a generational talent dele alli and not a player whose ceiling is the championship. They also got £10 million for Ivan Toney.

This is a misconception, partly due to spin from their owner who is a big narcissist and loves his 'king of the deal' persona. They got closer to £6mill for Assombalonga and only £5mill upfront for Toney (who went on to be a championship's record goal scorer one season later). Posh's owner has a tendency to leak the full fee they can receive should all the add ons that are built into the deals be factored in. In reality they fees they have got, whilst still very good, aren't as astronomical as some would have you believe.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:17 pm 

Ormeau wrote:
THRILLHO wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
THRILLHO wrote:

This is a misconception, partly due to spin from their owner who is a big narcissist and loves his 'king of the deal' persona. They got closer to £6mill for Assombalonga and only £5mill upfront for Toney (who went on to be a championship's record goal scorer one season later). Posh's owner has a tendency to leak the full fee they can receive should all the add ons that are built into the deals be factored in. In reality they fees they have got, whilst still very good, aren't as astronomical as some would have you believe.

Why spoil a good story with facts?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:14 pm 

Third Team Lucky wrote:
Ormeau wrote:
THRILLHO wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
THRILLHO wrote:

Why spoil a good story with facts?

Exactly. You can prove anything with facts. Pfft, who needs facts? Boris got to be PM without using facts and if making it up is good enough for the Prime Minister, it's good enough for me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:04 pm 

THRILLHO wrote:
They also got £10 million for Ivan Toney.

Everyone was lauded Brentford the other day and how they got bargains in the transfer market. Now they are being ripped of by a barrow boy and a holiday shared home salesman. :?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:31 am 

I heard that Rhys did his cruciate at the weekend. Don't think he will be moving this season.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:05 pm 

Late equaliser for Watford today.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next