THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: George C Williams~
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:46 pm 
The welsh one.

Just signed for Forest Green on a two year deal.

Most overrated player ever.

Post subject: Re: George C Williams
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:54 pm 

Good for him. Glad he’s got out on a contract at a good club.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:22 pm 

He had something when he was 16. I believe he’d be a much better player now if he’d stayed with us and got proper games for three or four years, instead of “developing” in Fulham youth and reserve teams.

Badly advised.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:25 pm 

He was doing well and getting picked by Wales. Sadly injury problems have set him back.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:28 pm 
Sausage wrote:
He had something when he was 16. I believe he’d be a much better player now if he’d stayed with us and got proper games for three or four years, instead of “developing” in Fulham youth and reserve teams.

Badly advised.

I agree with that. Same with Sheyi Ojo to some degree. Should have stayed with us a couple more years, broken into the first team properly and then moved on like Sam/George Baldock, Dele etc.

Spending so much time in the reserves meant he was playing at a level just below where he should have been at his age and it has affected his overall performance.

Still think he is overrated. He was good for his age when he was a lot younger.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:31 am 

I think he is exactly now where he deserves to be. I wouldn’t call him overrated because he isn’t really being raved about by anyone. He will have a good career at FL level I am sure, injures have hampered his potential.

In the promotion year he came in and looked really promising at times on loan. The second spell was poor admittedly.

As for Ojo I wouldn’t really blame a young lad like that at his age moving to a club like Liverpool. And he is still young enough to do bits for a good club and wasn’t too bad for Fulham.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:34 am 

Got to agree with Alby on this one. His second loan spell he looked lazy and disinterested. The injury may have faxed him but lots of players get bad injuries and recover.

As for Ojo I don't blame him at all. He went to Liverpool who have given lots of first team opportunities to youth players through the years. Not all of them make an impact at first team level but an awful lot of them are still playing in the top two divisions. He also has been part of a promotion winning Fulham team and has been called up to England u21 since, staying with us is not necessarily going to bring success. Since Alli we haven't really had anyone, Brittain could do well but I think he has a lot more to prove still.

Post subject: Re: George C Williams~
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:22 am 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
Williams has established himself as a regular starter in December, since scoring his first league for Forest Green with an injury time winner as a sub earlier in the month. He's now scored 6 goals in the last 5 games.

Didn’t he score yesterday too?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:32 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
Williams has established himself as a regular starter in December, since scoring his first league for Forest Green with an injury time winner as a sub earlier in the month. He's now scored 6 goals in the last 5 games.

They are his first league goals for anyone.

I used to be annoyed that we lost him for peanuts because of EPPP, with his advisors as much as anything for looking at pound signs instead of a lad’s career. Six years lost, a year through injuries admittedly. Regular proper games for us down in the mucky end of the league under Robinson might have developed him better sooner. Maybe it’s not too late, he’s getting that now at FGR.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:47 pm 

League 2 seems to be his level. Proven how ineffective he was in the Championship and L1. Was awful the last time he was with us and every other club prior to Forest Green. Honestly, it's like people are willing to write off the rest of his career up until the age of 23.