THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:45 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Aaron Wilbraham*
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:03 pm 

Scored the winning goal that kept Bolton in the Championship https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43938861. It really is a funny old game; a lot of people (me included) couldn't wait to get rid of him.

Post subject: Re: Aaron Wilbraham
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:11 pm 

Oh how we could’ve done with someone of his ilk this season, to hold up play and bring others into the game. He was so underrated by a lot of our fans, but that’s nothing new.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:47 pm 

SOUTHSTANDER wrote:
Oh how we could’ve done with someone of his ilk this season, to hold up play and bring others into the game. He was so underrated by a lot of our fans, but that’s nothing new.

He was a brilliant player. It was you that told me to look at the players around him, and look at what they were doing, not at him.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:32 pm 

SwanDonOne wrote:
Scored the winning goal that kept Bolton in the Championship https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43938861. It really is a funny old game; a lot of people (me included) couldn't wait to get rid of him.

Don't blame yourself - initially I thought he was awful too. It took a while for me to get it into my thick head the job he does, how difficult it is and how valuable it is. And when you look back, some of his goals were, frankly, astoundingly good.

A very good player, who has had a great career. Excellent to hear he's still making major contributions.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:34 pm 

SOUTHSTANDER wrote:

It used to annoy me that his important contribution to the side was not appreciated. I would have him back in this team any day.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:57 pm 

donmentor wrote:
SOUTHSTANDER wrote:
It used to annoy me that his important contribution to the side was not appreciated. I would have him back in this team any day.

So would I, even if he is 49.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:31 pm 

Gers wrote:
SOUTHSTANDER wrote:

He was a brilliant player. It was you that told me to look at the players around him, and look at what they were doing, not at him.

I took some stick back on the old website for challenging the 'always slow and falling on his arse' comments that featured regularly.

I liked him and rated him. I remember the game (although against who I have no F- idea) when he scored at the other end after about 42 seconds.

Also that game when he scored and lifted his shirt to show a T shirt with a picture of this grandmother who had just died.....

Years ago I asked him to sign a card for my son's birthday and he sent a signed T shirt.
But hey what do I know....?

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:52 pm 

SOUTHSTANDER wrote:

Just what OFD Junior said

Hindsight, eh?

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:05 pm 

Oldfarmdons wrote:
SOUTHSTANDER wrote:

Just what OFD Junior said

Hindsight, eh?

:lol:

But oh no ..he's F- useless.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:08 pm 

Delighted for him.

He's may favourite Dons player ever. Have his name and number on the back of all my shirts whilst he was with us.

Lovely touch for a big lad and he scored some great goals.