THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 11:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ethan Ebanks Landell~
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:09 am 

Sadly for us last year he looked a liability in League One however he has yet to find a new club so remains at Premier League Wolves but what brought him to my attention today is that he is currently the 19th most selected defender on the Telegrapgh Fantasy football game with 5% ownership. He is only cheap but surely no one can expect him to get any game time in the Premier League?

Post subject: Re: Ethan Ebanks Landell
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:13 am 

I can. Wolves fans rated him enough when we signed him.

He had an absolute mare last season but I seriously don’t think loans are always reflective on how a player is at a club. He seemed unsettled, with a centre half partner he didn’t gel with, at a real distributive club on and off the field.

I don’t rate him much but if he’s under contract at a club that thought he was okay but not okay enough to get into their side I can imagine he will play for cup games, u23 games and even filling in for injuries.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:41 pm 

Top 3 worst defenders we've ever had.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:39 pm 

Their fans seem to be buzzing. “Quality at League one level” apparently. Dreadful defender. Absolutely fucking shocking.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:21 pm 

He made it into the podcast worst II. 14 odd years of players. Must've been hundreds of them. He made the II.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:57 am 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
Gers wrote:
He made it into the podcast worst II. 14 odd years of players. Must've been hundreds of them. He made the II.

XI?
Yip, he was awful for us.
But he can't always be as bad as that otherwise he wouldn't still be on the books of a PL club aged 26.
And he did quite well on loan at Sheffield United the season before his loan with us and helped them get promoted from league one.
I'm not predicting he'll be a success at Rochdale but don't think it's a given that he'll be a disaster either. Time will tell.

Sorry, XI. And I'm the one slagging others off for exactly the same thing.

On EEL. It was his complete lack of giving a fuckness, coupled with his complete lack of ability that ensured his starting berth. To quote some fucking idiot, you can put lipstick on a pig, but it'll still be a pig.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:51 pm 

Yeah. but it'll be one hot babe of a pig. 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:32 am 

Gers wrote:

XI?
Yip, he was awful for us.
But he can't always be as bad as that otherwise he wouldn't still be on the books of a PL club aged 26.
And he did quite well on loan at Sheffield United the season before his loan with us and helped them get promoted from league one.
I'm not predicting he'll be a success at Rochdale but don't think it's a given that he'll be a disaster either. Time will tell.

Last season when I had a lot more time on my hands, I was so frustrated by how poor we were I decided to watch through all of the highlights of every game and see why we conceded the goals we did.

EEL was head and shoulders ahead of the rest of the pack for giving away penalties, individual errors, missing clearances, being out of position etc.

I remember when we first signed him on loan, Sheffield United fans were saying how great he was to start with and then became a liability towards the end - turns out they were right but fortunately for them they had such a great squad around him to make up for how shite he was. Unluckily for us, we also had Wootton who was pretty poor last season too.

Genuinely deserves a spot in our worst ever 11.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:32 am 

Yeah, Ebanks-Landell was shit with us. I don't think anyone's saying otherwise.
But Tombit Tracking is for "tracking the progress of former Dons." So it's mainly for updating the careers of former players and managers, not just debating their time with us.
I'm trying to impartially update what's happened after they left, with just the occasional reference to their time with us or before that.

Are you seriously suggesting that this forum actually stick to the point :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:33 am 

leodon wrote:
Yeah, Ebanks-Landell was shit with us. I don't think anyone's saying otherwise.
But Tombit Tracking is for "tracking the progress of former Dons." So it's mainly for updating the careers of former players and managers, not just debating their time with us.
I'm trying to impartially update what's happened after they left, with just the occasional reference to their time with us or before that.

Are you seriously suggesting that this forum actually stick to the point :lol:

I had a stick one. From an ash tree I think. About 2.5 foot long. It was a nice stick.