THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Aidan Nesbitt~
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:47 am 

Sadly I don’t think he’ll be there next season. He’ll be at a lower championship (Scottish) club or even a League One club up there.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:14 am 

I'll be honest, I never got the hype about him. And to think we paid money for him...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:38 pm 

SteelbackDon wrote:
I'll be honest, I never got the hype about him. And to think we paid money for him...

Shows how everyone sees different things in players, I really liked him but I do like quick tricky wingers.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:00 am 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
SteelbackDon wrote:

Shows how everyone sees different things in players, I really liked him but I do like quick tricky wingers.

Tricky? In my opinion he's just a younger version of D'Ath. I think being young is often an excuse used to mask poor play.
Look at Asongyani and Nombe, they are young but have never played badly.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:00 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
Nesbitt has been released by Dundee United.
He signed a deal until the end of the season when he joined them in January, but he has struggled for games and, even though they're still in the play-offs, he's one of three that's already been released.

I honestly thought he would progress as he got older and play at a fairly high standard, really disappointing. :(

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:12 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
Nesbitt has been released by Morton after a couple of seasons there - 10 goals in 55 games as a sub or starter with them. They just stayed up in the Scottish Championship this year after winning the 2 legged play off match (3 goals for Muirhead in those 2 games - he'd only scored 2 others all season).

He's now joined Falkirk in Scottish League One (3rd tier). It's an interesting move for him - and for me as well. I've always had a passing interest in Falkirk as my mum spent a while there when younger and my older brother and I have gone watching them a handful of times over the years - but not for ages.

They're a comparatively big club for the third level - they're very rarely at this level and have almost always been in the top 2 leagues. But they've been badly run in the last few years and surprisingly dropped down to the third level and were fully expected to go straight back up. But they missed out on top spot by a point in 2019/20 when the season ended early due to Covid and no play offs took place; and last season was amazing - huge favourites, top of the league with 6 games left and a 6 point lead, then got just one point from the final six matches to somehow finish 5th and, amazingly, even miss out on qualifying for the play offs by a point.

They've changed their manager - again - and are having a huge squad rebuild to try and secure promotion this time around so it could be a good move for Nesbitt if he can establish himself with them.

A link to an interesting article about Falkirk's decline for anyone interested...

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/falkirk-fc-demise-from-cup-finals-europe-and-beating-rangers-to-league-one-laughing-stock-where-did-it-all-go-wrong-3225823

My dad's a Hibs fan so the passing interest I've had in Scottish football for years has always led me to really dislike Falkirk. Always nice to hear differing opinions :lol:

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit