THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 5:42 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Snake and Fraser
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:21 am 

I hold no ill-will towards Fraser, he hasn't 'made his money' yet and would have been offered a life changing sum of money, to be honest my only surprise was that it was not a Championship club.

Martin is a bit different to me, as he professed his loyalty and, I assume, didn't 'need' the money as much as Scotty. That said I still understand why he went, just wish it had been done in a less underhand manner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:30 am 

Thedonandonly wrote:
Not going so well after jumping ship, is it lads??

It makes me a little sad that after a performance and game that we witnessed yesterday, a fans thought is to start a thread like this.

Yes I'm still a bit bitter about the manner of Russ' departure. And yes I enjoy Ipswich's struggles, but I felt the same when Forest struggled after a big spending summer, same with Chelsea's poor start after Lampard spent big.

But you know what, even if both have struggled for results so far, Russ is now a Championship manager and Fraser is earning more money than he has ever done before, so it is not going too badly either.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:41 am 

Fraser I couldn't care less about. He's a professional in an industry with an incredibly short employment span. Good luck to him. I bear him no ill will whatsoever. And anyway, I think we're stronger as a team this season without him.

Martin on the other hand. Fuck him, and the horse he rode in on.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:24 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Sounds like a pub.

Or some 70s cop film.

Post subject: Re: Russell Martin~
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:06 pm 

If results don't turn for Swansea I reckon he will be out before Xmas and back in league 1 managing a team for the new year. Possibly Ipswich.. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:50 pm 

Can certainly see him at Pompey.

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:32 am 

jeoff82 wrote:
If results don't turn for Swansea I reckon he will be out before Xmas and back in league 1 managing a team for the new year. Possibly Ipswich.. :lol:

He’ll be fine. They’re at the same stage we were in the early days after he first took over from Tis. They’ll win enough games to keep his head above water this side of Christmas and the football they’re playing seems to be creating chances and giving them an element of control in games already. Much like us, there’ll be wins and losses along the way, but they’ll improve throughout the season. That’ ll be enough for the board and fans this season. They all knew it was re-build with no parachute money.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:24 pm 

Currently watching Fulham vs Swansea and this should be 4-0 to the home side, but only 2 as it stands. The second goal came from a poor pass by the RCB which was intercepted, a Fulham counter finishing with Mitrovic's second of the night. Whoever was 'marking' Mitrovic, I think Naughton, had clearly been watching some Richard Keogh videos. He nailed the half arsed marking then collapse to the floor routine

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:29 am 

Woke to an email from an old friend in Glasgow...

"Hey John, do you have any inside info on the Rangers manager situation? Russel Martin linked to replace Gerrard if he goes to Villa. Hope all well. Rab."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:14 am 

I hope it happens purely because of the amount of Swansea fans saying things along the lines of ‘he’s just said he loves it here this week, he won’t leave’

He said the exact same things about us 4 days before he left for the arse end of wales.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next