THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:30 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Russell Martin~
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:18 pm 

I judged Martin after 1 game here and I had doubts about him from then on. His damn 'process' pissed me right off.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:21 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Scribble wrote:
Oh Dear, one or two not convinced :lol:

Quote:
Jackareme
RoyWells
RoyWells
8:03AM

Long time, no post, but I was at the game on Saturday, and I have to say am very concerned. I have never been one for judging managers or players after 1 game, I have often defended people saying we need to give them time, but something doesn't sit right with me about this.

I hope I'm 100% wrong about this and would happily have my words shoved where the sun don't shine, but I don't think Martin is the guy to take us forward. For those who saw the game on Saturday go on to Sky Sports website and look at the goals MK Dons conceded against Bournemouth. Exactly how we got caught on Saturday. Even down to the position of the players involved.

I appreciate Martin has a philosophy, and admire his desire to stick to it, but I fear he is blinded by that philosophy to the extent he will not change no matter what. We gave an average Blackburn side 3 points. A better team would have stuck 4, or 5 against us. If he continues as he did on Saturday we will be fighting at the wrong end of the table this year.

The way I see this season panning out is this. The fans will lose patience with Martin quite quickly and will turn against him, come October they will be calling for his head. We will be struggling in the relegation zone and he could be gone by Christmas. As I said I hope I'm 100% wrong, but have not felt this negative about a manager since Kevin Cullis.
Mark_Jack_LondonAndrew_North_HillNorfolkJack

Judging a guy after one game. For sucks sake, they’re worse than us.

Two games. He mentions that the goals conceded are the same as the Bournemouth match.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:26 pm 

The only why 'the process' would work is buying players of the highest quality to overcome 'the press' and reduce errors. Swansea need to start purchasing Premier League standard players. Seems a bit extreme, not to mention the possibility of long-term damage to the Swans, when they probably have got promotion under Cooper. Then had the money coming in to invest in the squad and improve the style of play. Anyway 'the process' it is. :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:38 pm 

Don Direction wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Scribble wrote:
Oh Dear, one or two not convinced :lol:

Quote:
Jackareme
RoyWells
RoyWells
8:03AM

Long time, no post, but I was at the game on Saturday, and I have to say am very concerned. I have never been one for judging managers or players after 1 game, I have often defended people saying we need to give them time, but something doesn't sit right with me about this.

I hope I'm 100% wrong about this and would happily have my words shoved where the sun don't shine, but I don't think Martin is the guy to take us forward. For those who saw the game on Saturday go on to Sky Sports website and look at the goals MK Dons conceded against Bournemouth. Exactly how we got caught on Saturday. Even down to the position of the players involved.

I appreciate Martin has a philosophy, and admire his desire to stick to it, but I fear he is blinded by that philosophy to the extent he will not change no matter what. We gave an average Blackburn side 3 points. A better team would have stuck 4, or 5 against us. If he continues as he did on Saturday we will be fighting at the wrong end of the table this year.

The way I see this season panning out is this. The fans will lose patience with Martin quite quickly and will turn against him, come October they will be calling for his head. We will be struggling in the relegation zone and he could be gone by Christmas. As I said I hope I'm 100% wrong, but have not felt this negative about a manager since Kevin Cullis.
Mark_Jack_LondonAndrew_North_HillNorfolkJack

Judging a guy after one game. For sucks sake, they’re worse than us.

Two games. He mentions that the goals conceded are the same as the Bournemouth match.

Please can you also factor in the 0-3 loss to already relegated Rochdale. Cheers.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:53 pm 

Paul Merson watching Swansea game on Soccer Saturday - the Swansea forwards will need to wrap up warm in the winter because it's pass pass pass and not looking like getting them any service

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:39 pm 
He's taking charge of swansea in their EFL cup first round game tomorrow. Could be some sort of record, first manager to take charge of two different clubs in the same round of a cup competition?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:00 am 

Filthier wrote:
He's taking charge of swansea in their EFL cup first round game tomorrow. Could be some sort of record, first manager to take charge of two different clubs in the same round of a cup competition?

Managers should get "cup-tied" like players do! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:42 am 

Pity Reading fielded kids. Anyway Reading & Derby will be weak this season due to financial situ.

Thus far Swans have signed Paterson (known to Williams at Bristol City), Downes (known to Gill at Ipswich) and close to signing Laird. You get the feeling that the lot of them don't know much about players haven't previously worked with or at L.1 level. See their Head of Recruitment is Andy Scott, who didn't have a good time in management. Would guess they really miss the input of Liam Sweeting, who's very most definitely ours. May be for RM his biggest miss.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:59 pm 

Location: .... In SG19 ..... Betting Champion 2019/20 Power of 3 Champion 2017/18 + 2019/20
It was a difficult night for new Swansea boss Russell Martin, who is still searching for a first Championship win at his new club...

"Overall I am hurt, I am disappointed we lost and the manner of the goals.
But let's put it in perspective: we have played against two teams who are going to be right up there;
we have 12 guys who are 22 or under in our 18; we have been in the building two weeks yesterday."
"It's a long, old season.
The fitter we get, the stronger we get, we'll be fine."

A few choice comments from the HYS so far:
Quote:
Hah swansea are just awful.
Quote:
Keeping the ball for no other purpose than keeping the ball.
Quote:
Swans a work in progress, lots of young lads, not sure the 'pass about the back' tactics worked
Quote:
Looking forward to more drivel from Martin about why they lost.
Not quite got them firing to the same kind of form mk dons stormed to 13th in league 1 with
Quote:
Poor management from Swansea board will cost.
Jodie Morris was the correct choice, with his knowledge and access to Chelsea academy and wider premiership academy players.
We have bought into league 1 manager with the view to next season in league 1.

:lol:

Full story & HYS here:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58154317

PW: 'Every year we’re in League 1 is a year too long...'
It's Pete's train set and you should all feel honoured to be granted the privilege of paying to watch him play with it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:06 pm 

Hahahaha good luck you hippy fucking div.

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next