THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject: Re: Russell Martin*
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 10:05 pm 

Rookie wrote:
I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I still love him

This
dons50 wrote:
Just the same as we wouldn’t have given a toss about him if he lost half a dozen games in a row. We would have called for him to be sacked.

Managers don’t owe their clubs any loyalty. They get none themselves.

I’m really pleased for him. We played wonderful football under him. That’s my memory.

And this.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 10:12 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Just the same as we wouldn’t have given a toss about him if he lost half a dozen games in a row. We would have called for him to be sacked.

Managers don’t owe their clubs any loyalty. They get none themselves.

I’m really pleased for him. We played wonderful football under him. That’s my memory.

Sorry have to disagree, I feel managers and coaching staff can build a relationship with fans/club that can buy them time when things go south.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 10:20 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
He's a very good coach and has done very well, but I'm tribal and don't have a short memory - fucking smug judas prick and I'm livid he's as good as he is because I cannot wait for it to go wrong for him so I can enjoy it.

Pretty much sums things up for me

No love lost for either club or manager, particularly after a less than favourable (unprovoked) experience with one their knuckle draggers in the car park as I was trying to get to my car after a midweek (was it JPT or equivalent?) game a few years back

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 11:29 pm 

With the squad Southampton had, they really should have gone up automatically. They'll get smashed next season when he tries to get them tip-tapping around the back four against Liverpool, City and Arsenal.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 5:01 am 

Burnley fans at the minute are saying they can't blame Kompany for going to Bayern - it's Bayern Munich. You're not gonna say no when you've got relegated. That's beyond the point.

What annoys them is that just a few weeks and days ago he was spouting horse shit about togetherness, long term vision, ignoring criticism because its 'our way' and 'the new season starts now' against Forest, not 'the disappointing season ends here.' Only to find out he's been looking to leave with Brighton, Chelsea and Bayern sniffing.

I saw someone say something along the lines of "We were sold the idea that project Kompany was for the betterment of Burnley FC. It wasn't. It was for the better of Vincent Kompany" and that's kinda it.

You can't blame them for leaving - you can blame them for how they handle it and it can be totally unforgiveable. Brighton, another club felt the same with Potter. Once you realise that all these idiots are the same the better. They don't care about the club or repaying the faith shown in them, they care about Project Manager, all the interviews and all the decisions made aren't to progress the club they're solely for other clubs to see how cool they are so they can go off and do their thing somewhere else.

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 6:25 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Burnley fans at the minute are saying they can't blame Kompany for going to Bayern - it's Bayern Munich. You're not gonna say no when you've got relegated. That's beyond the point.

What annoys them is that just a few weeks and days ago he was spouting horse shit about togetherness, long term vision, ignoring criticism because its 'our way' and 'the new season starts now' against Forest, not 'the disappointing season ends here.' Only to find out he's been looking to leave with Brighton, Chelsea and Bayern sniffing.

I saw someone say something along the lines of "We were sold the idea that project Kompany was for the betterment of Burnley FC. It wasn't. It was for the better of Vincent Kompany" and that's kinda it.

You can't blame them for leaving - you can blame them for how they handle it and it can be totally unforgiveable. Brighton, another club felt the same with Potter. Once you realise that all these idiots are the same the better. They don't care about the club or repaying the faith shown in them, they care about Project Manager, all the interviews and all the decisions made aren't to progress the club they're solely for other clubs to see how cool they are so they can go off and do their thing somewhere else.

Yes timing is everything and for him to drive straight off from a Carabao cup game, at the start of the season, was unforgiveable.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 6:42 am 

To sit in his office on a Friday lunchtime saying "Ignore the noise", then 24 hours later fuck off, will forever taint his time here. But there you go. There's no loyalty in football. For every Lewington there's a million others who'd up sticks if another club offered them an extra fiver a week.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 8:03 am 

Gers summer it up nicely on the pod. He's a duplicitous self entitled div.

But he's driven. Be it for himself and his career or not, that's commendable even if it hurts others on the way.

He'll rant on and on about "the work we did at MK" acting like we never had a USP of passing, possession based football years before him, and youth development to match, and tbh we're so far from his thoughts right now and rightly so. He sold us down the drain to benefit us and if he doesn't mind being seen as a Ladybit for the betterment of his career then good for him

- Graham Alexander, October 2023

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13