THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 6:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:10 pm 

Leighton wrote:
donmentor wrote:
Leighton wrote:
donmentor wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
Leighton wrote:
Oddschecker has

Crawley win 17-10
Draw 11-4
MK win 6-4

Is that good? :?

Why so complicated, why not 1.7-1. 2.25-1 and 1.5-1 Now you can easily compare them. So we're favourites, not good.

Because that's the way odds should be done not this decimalized foreign muck

But you are gambling with decimalized cash, so you can immediately see how much you would win.

Not me....I bet with shillings and old pence....matter of principle

Decimalized foreign muck :lol:

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:12 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
I still can’t believe we went into a play off game with Michael Kelly in goal

Without him, it would have been 4-0 by half time.

That’s the scary thing

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:13 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Seriously shut the fuck up you sausage cleandon. Youre either suffering from delusion or just a wum because nothing about the 3 times weve played crawley suggests we will score 3 without reply nevermind 4.

90 mins vs that side defensively. I fancy it. You’ll all come running back when we do it.

Genuine question. You’re not usually a WUM but have been dragging this one on for like a month now. What gives?

It started in the Notts County thread when he said we'd won and then we didnt. Has kept it going since then. Its tedious.

Sorry for being confident and backing my team

When youre confident with 3 back teeth and 2 front teeth that confidence is delusion. Thats your relationship with our club.

To add i honestly cannot believe youve watched that tonight and thought yaknow what? We should batter them at home.

As I said - Sheffield Wednesday last season. Don’t get why you’re getting so offended and making snarky comments. I’m allowed an opinion on my football team.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:16 pm 

Theres a big difference between sheffield wednesday and hillsbrough and mk dons and our refunded tickets and closed stands. What have we done to deserve draeing comparisons to them? Wr conceded 4 against sutton ffs

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:20 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Theres a big difference between sheffield wednesday and hillsbrough and mk dons and our refunded tickets and closed stands. What have we done to deserve draeing comparisons to them? Wr conceded 4 against sutton ffs

We do both sing that if you don’t fecking bounce song tbf.

Stadium MK is always SHITE in the Playoffs

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:26 pm 

Scum. wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:

Yeh the difference is you can hear them sing it.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:32 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Scum. wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:

Yeh the difference is you can hear them sing it.

That’s cos they’re all fat.

Stadium MK is always SHITE in the Playoffs

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 pm 

I avoided looking at this forum or twitter during the match because I could imagine what it was going to be like. Here's my assessment of tonight...

This is not a surprise. If any of you are shocked by this result or performance, you need to give your head a wobble. We've been useless away from home all season. We've been awful in virtually every big game under MW (Mansfield away being the only exception). And there's an obvious pattern that when we concede the first goal, we absolutely crumble.

When Max had his chance in the opening minutes, I started to think maybe we had actually turned up tonight. Maybe I should have realised when he didn't score that it was never going to be our night. He never misses those. In a blink of an eye we were behind and from that point out we'd got ourselves stuck in a hole and couldn't get out of it. We couldn't get the ball off of them, and when we did, we couldn't keep it. There were some extremely bizarre tactics, as we decided we would be better to sit off them and invite pressure rather than press them high which is what we're good at. That had to be an instruction from the manager, and questions must be asked about him. On the lack of pressing, their goalkeeper is what Big Fil Marschall thinks he is. If we've got half a brain cell we'd try and sign him in the summer.

All of a sudden we were under a swarm of pressure that we just couldn't escape. As we've seen so many times before with this group of players, when the pressure is on, they freeze. They don't know what to do. In the first half we resorted to long balls up to nobody, which was almost identical to what happened against Wycombe 2 years ago. At the start of the second half we started making some passes and were slowly building our way back into the game and the game hinges on one moment. Harrison goes through on goal and curls it wide of the post. If he scores that, the last half an hour or so is very different. He misses and in a blink of an eye it's 3. Game over. And to be honest it's an absolute miracle it was only 3. Could have and probably should have been 6 or 7.

Saturday night may as well be a friendly game (it's about time Lewie had another testimonial, isn't it?). There's just absolutely no chance we can turn this around. We will almost certainly play much better than tonight, and we'll probably win the game. We may even score 3 or 4 goals, I wouldn't put it past us. But there is absolutely no way in hell that we keep a clean sheet. It's just not happening. I'll still go, and no doubt if we get an early goal I'll start to get my hopes up, but in our heart of hearts all of us know that we blew this tie tonight.

After 20 years, I've finally accepted one thing tonight - we will never, ever win the playoffs.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 10:16 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
I avoided looking at this forum or twitter during the match because I could imagine what it was going to be like. Here's my assessment of tonight...

This is not a surprise. If any of you are shocked by this result or performance, you need to give your head a wobble. We've been useless away from home all season. We've been awful in virtually every big game under MW (Mansfield away being the only exception). And there's an obvious pattern that when we concede the first goal, we absolutely crumble.

When Max had his chance in the opening minutes, I started to think maybe we had actually turned up tonight. Maybe I should have realised when he didn't score that it was never going to be our night. He never misses those. In a blink of an eye we were behind and from that point out we'd got ourselves stuck in a hole and couldn't get out of it. We couldn't get the ball off of them, and when we did, we couldn't keep it. There were some extremely bizarre tactics, as we decided we would be better to sit off them and invite pressure rather than press them high which is what we're good at. That had to be an instruction from the manager, and questions must be asked about him. On the lack of pressing, their goalkeeper is what Big Fil Marschall thinks he is. If we've got half a brain cell we'd try and sign him in the summer.

All of a sudden we were under a swarm of pressure that we just couldn't escape. As we've seen so many times before with this group of players, when the pressure is on, they freeze. They don't know what to do. In the first half we resorted to long balls up to nobody, which was almost identical to what happened against Wycombe 2 years ago. At the start of the second half we started making some passes and were slowly building our way back into the game and the game hinges on one moment. Harrison goes through on goal and curls it wide of the post. If he scores that, the last half an hour or so is very different. He misses and in a blink of an eye it's 3. Game over. And to be honest it's an absolute miracle it was only 3. Could have and probably should have been 6 or 7.

Saturday night may as well be a friendly game (it's about time Lewie had another testimonial, isn't it?). There's just absolutely no chance we can turn this around. We will almost certainly play much better than tonight, and we'll probably win the game. We may even score 3 or 4 goals, I wouldn't put it past us. But there is absolutely no way in hell that we keep a clean sheet. It's just not happening. I'll still go, and no doubt if we get an early goal I'll start to get my hopes up, but in our heart of hearts all of us know that we blew this tie tonight.

After 20 years, I've finally accepted one thing tonight - we will never, ever win the playoffs.

Great assessment of the game. Whilst it is easy just to say we were shit and got battered, those two misses before their 1st and 3rd goal were massive. We need to be taking those chances.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 6:42 am 

CleanDon wrote:
As I said - Sheffield Wednesday last season. Don’t get why you’re getting so offended and making snarky comments. I’m allowed an opinion on my foo :evil: :| tball team.

Your WUM-ing and you know it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next