THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:16 pm 

My knobski is going to shoot from the hip here. We need to use these 2 matches to work on not being so easy to beat, stop other teams going down the sides of our centre backs and man marking us out of the attacking game.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:20 pm 

What we need to do is apply the; If you can't win, don't lose mentality.

Can barely think of draws under MW. Under no circumstances can we go to the away game in the play offs and be as open as we have been all season. If we do, then I could not be more confident of us losing 3-0+. We'll get absolutely torn to shreds in a high pressured game if we don't start adjusting to teams with that extra motivation of a home crowd.

I'd not be against us changing formation. It's risky, but I think we need to do something to reduce the risk of getting thumbed away from home. We've got 2 games to give it a go, so I'd be really interested to see something like this:

Attachment:
1st 11 MK.PNG
1st 11 MK.PNG [ 116.82 KiB | Viewed 699 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:04 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
What we need to do is apply the; If you can't win, don't lose mentality.

Can barely think of draws under MW. Under no circumstances can we go to the away game in the play offs and be as open as we have been all season. If we do, then I could not be more confident of us losing 3-0+. We'll get absolutely torn to shreds in a high pressured game if we don't start adjusting to teams with that extra motivation of a home crowd.

I'd not be against us changing formation. It's risky, but I think we need to do something to reduce the risk of getting thumbed away from home. We've got 2 games to give it a go, so I'd be really interested to see something like this:

Attachment:
1st 11 MK.PNG

Don't fancy Harvie or Nat in a back four. That's not to say I think Harvie's a good WB, because for 2 years he hasn't been.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:33 pm 

I certainly don't agree to a change in fornation that has got us to 4th after a dodgy start and especially at the end of season. MW just needs to sort out LCB / LWB and as said be a horrible side to play against. It could define our season.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:13 am 

We really should be wrapping Max Dean in cotton wool these last two games. Don’t want to see him play more than 45 mins football across the two games personally. If Harrison and Tezgel are fit then either of them starts for me.

Similarly, Gilbey, take a break. No need you busting a gut here.

Also, just ease Tomlinson back, but if he “needs the 90 minutes” in the view of the staff then I’m not against that.

I’d also look at Bate, Payne and Wearne to be given limited time. We have a chance to prepare properly for the play offs for once (i.e. not having it in the balance on the final day). Let’s make that count.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:28 am 

With a whole week between Sutton and the first leg I'd want Dean to sit Harrogate out and play a part against Sutton, even if he just comes on. Sometimes you can have too long away.

I don't want any silly decisions like Stewart or Marschall playing but I definitely think a few need a breather and Harrogate seems the one for me

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:37 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
With a whole week between Sutton and the first leg I'd want Dean to sit Harrogate out and play a part against Sutton, even if he just comes on. Sometimes you can have too long away.

I don't want any silly decisions like Stewart or Marschall playing
but I definitely think a few need a breather and Harrogate seems the one for me

AMEN TO THAT BROTHER.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:20 pm 

Anyone else feel really weird going into today's game? It's effectively just a friendly so hard to get excited about but at the same time we've got the 2 biggest games of our season coming up in a couple of weeks. Has the vibe of an end of season game when we have nothing to play for and are "on the beach" but quite obviously we can't be on the beach. Can't remember the last time we had a game like this. If ever?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:39 pm 

Crewe losing 2-0 to Wrexham and unless Crewe turn it around then the lowest we can finish is 5th. So there really will be nothing to play for today, as we'll already have secured being home 2nd leg.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:40 pm 

No twitching in my down bellows today. Saving it for the playoffs.

Would like to see Brooklyn at wingback.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next