THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:59 pm 

TangerineDon wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
TangerineDon wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
Didn't Keogh play for us?
Rather liked the chappie IIRC - though he b+ggered off and left us in the lurch didn't he?
If so, what goes around comes around kiddies.

I think we got him on a free sold him for a profit to a championship club and replaced him with Tucker. He did us a favour.

Replaced him with Darling.

Thanks

Keogh was atrocious for us, if I remember.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:54 pm 

No he wasn't? A slow start for a few games but he was brilliant for about 3/4 months, hence why he left.

We were all absolutely fuming with how he handled his departure, but for a short period he was superb in helping O'Hora grow and learn (we often forget he was young and inexperienced once upon a time) and the same for Harvie and the overall style we were trying to play.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:19 am 

That's weird because I remember him as being bang average and nobody missed him when he left.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:28 am 

Oakeedokee wrote:
That's weird because I remember him as being bang average and nobody missed him when he left.

We only didn’t miss him because we signed Harry Darling, who was younger and better.

Keogh was good for us and rarely had a bad game. Most were very unhappy when he left due to timing and that we were losing probably our most important defender at the time.

Thankfully we replaced him very well.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:31 am 

I remember him being awful. Defending was OK but Martin wanted him to be a ball playing defender, which he clearly wasn't. He was constantly passing the ball to the other team and conceding goals. He was directly at fault lots of times although he was being asked to do something he was not capable of doing.
I was elated when he left and couldn't believe we got any money for him.
The fact that he paid for Darling and that earnt us even more money after selling him made it even better.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:03 am 

This is what we were saying about Keogh shortly after he left:

http://www.sitdownorwellstealyourclub.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6339&start=0

He basically split the room, in how we perceived and valued him. His departure caused some ill-feeling but, overall, we traded up so it's all good.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:32 am 

We did a podcast where I put a picture of two left feet as the ident. The majority of the pod was about him.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:38 am 

He came good in pretty much the last few weeks he was here for and then fucked off to the Championship for a decent amount of cash from what I was told at the time.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:55 am 

Turned out to be a great move all round. He got some late Chanpionship minutes, we got Harry Darling and sold both of them at profit

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:57 am 

I just remember him as being utter crap and costing us a lot of goals. Tried to find that on here, as well as more reaction from the time he actually left, but it seems as though it was before the forum reset.

The only good thing Keogh did here was leave, allowing us to bring in Darling. I am not surprised at all to see him at the very bottom of the EFL now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next