THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:00 am 

In regards to their fans. I was listening to the game on the wireless while I was at my allotment. The constant booing of Lewington became so annoying, coupled with the fella' obviously sat right behind our commentary team shouting fuck all the time, that I actually switched it off. I'll be glad to see the back of them in all honesty. They, as a football club, come across as a gimmick-riddled pile of nonsense. Shirts made out of coffee grinds. A female manager (though that didn't last long). Meat free. Carbon neutral, Etc', etc', etc'. Dale Vince most probably has his heart in the right place, I've no doubt of that, but I'll be glad when that place is non-league.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:12 am 

I don't mind the gimmick, per se. Vegan only etc is quite cute. It's the feeling that it really is a platform to promote his ideological views. I very rarely eat at football anyway, every time I've been there I've gone out my way to eat their food because, frankly, it's fucking nice. If you can't go 2 hours without a burger or sausage roll then take a long look at yourself, not them. Be open minded and try something different. I like that they're different.

I've also purchased one of their shirts in the sale last year, still in the packaging to sell on in a few years as they're rare, apparently. I saw one from a few years ago on ebay for a grand. Whether it sold or not I don't know but if there is value, I'll be quids in.

As the gentleman I spoke to a few years ago feared, it has caught up with them and frankly I don't think they're in even the ten most attractive non League outfits. I can see why they're appealing for a EFL contract but in non League, with their restrictions and the novelty factor waring off I fear they might be in Yeovil territory should they go down.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:35 am 

Why did they boo Lewie?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:36 am 

Alby39 wrote:
I don't mind the gimmick, per se. Vegan only etc is quite cute. It's the feeling that it really is a platform to promote his ideological views. I very rarely eat at football anyway, every time I've been there I've gone out my way to eat their food because, frankly, it's fucking nice. If you can't go 2 hours without a burger or sausage roll then take a long look at yourself, not them. Be open minded and try something different. I like that they're different.

I've also purchased one of their shirts in the sale last year, still in the packaging to sell on in a few years as they're rare, apparently. I saw one from a few years ago on ebay for a grand. Whether it sold or not I don't know but if there is value, I'll be quids in.

As the gentleman I spoke to a few years ago feared, it has caught up with them and frankly I don't think they're in even the ten most attractive non League outfits. I can see why they're appealing for a EFL contract but in non League, with their restrictions and the novelty factor waring off I fear they might be in Yeovil territory should they go down.

I've nothing against veganism, in fact I regularly have a vegan sausage roll from Greggs because it's lovely, but like you I don't eat at a football ground. He's tried something different, which as a novelty paid off for a couple of years. But like Salford with their Class of '92 connections, and I'm sure that Wrexham will follow suit, that rubbish will only take you so far.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:37 am 

Don Direction wrote:
Why did they boo Lewie?

Because he's ginger.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:48 am 

Gers wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
Why did they boo Lewie?

Because he's ginger.

That’s fair

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:22 pm 

Don Direction wrote:
Why did they boo Lewie?

I did hear , though can’t confirm it but a group of AFC fans on a stag do were at the game hence the constant booing of Lewie .

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:27 pm 

SOUTHSTANDER wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
Why did they boo Lewie?

I did hear , though can’t confirm it but a group of AFC fans on a stag do were at the game hence the constant booing of Lewie .

On a stag do to Nailsworth. How things have changed.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:00 pm 

A stag do, in Nailsworth, where they go to watch the team they proclaim doesn't exist, and not once did we hear the Franchise Bastards chant?

Bollocks, imo.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:38 pm 

Don Direction wrote:
Gers wrote:
Don Direction wrote:
Why did they boo Lewie?

Because he's ginger.

That’s fair

Are gingers particularly polluting or something?

I'd have thought the opposite. They often wear green dont they as it matches up well??

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next