THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:34 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:49 pm 

Quote:
Lets Stop Pretending Notts have Head Coach who hasn't Got a Clue, a Defence who Can't Defend and a Game Plan That Doesn't Work. Need I Go On? It doesn't matter who Maynard Picks it seems the Players don't want to Play for him, so No Matter what the Result is on Monday Maynard Needs To Be Gone by Tuesday Morning. Offer Jim O'Brien the Head Coach job till the end of the season hopefully he'll help the Players get some of their Dignity back and Start Playing for the Shirt. The Attendance on Monday will be Interesting and the Atmosphere will BE TOXIC and If the Owners are at the game maybe they'll understand they've made a Mistake in Hiring a Part Time Head Coach who is Totally Out Of His Depth. That's NOT to say I'm having a Go at the Brothers it's just I hope they realise, in Football you Can't Get Everything Right and Mistakes Will Be Made.

Quote:
Maynard has left the door wide open for an MK Dons goal bonanza. That midfield and defence I'd fancy my chances

Quote:
MK's back line are playing a very familiar game!

Quote:
MK defence look like ours early on

Quote:
You can se why Stockport hammered them

Quote:
To be fair a very very good goal. But you can see the difference in confidence. We better not start playing just to stop conceding again.

Quote:
Maynard sir I think you better start packing

Quote:
Won't be a surprise to anybody that every game we've gone behind in since Maynard took charge, we've gone on to lose apart from Barrow home, which was drawn

Quote:
It's so much brighter than recent games even if we're one down. Actually feels like we're attacking at speed and in numbers.

Ref has bottled at least two yellows for them so far.

Quote:
Best half we've played in quite some time.

Let's keep it up!

Quote:
Players seem much more up for it. Not a lot of the usual walking football stuff. Positive in possession and far more pressing when not.
Good goal by MK. Lovely goal.
Glad we got the equaliser as it’s well deserved.
Also worth mentioning the fans. Positive feel here surprisingly. Good support from all stands.

Quote:
Why don't Notts attack like this away from home??

Quote:
Wow, I cannot remember the last time banners came out, this truly is a sad day , but wholly expected.

Quote:
3-3 put it just papers over the cracks.

Quote:
Unfortunately that might save his job for another few weeks.. made a decent fist of it today but that defense is an absolute shambles....Still time for McDonald's to nick it

Quote:
Their subs changed the game, we were a step behind and it made us nervous and stepped off, and they were all over us for ages. Before that we had some great chances from 2-1 ahead.

Quote:
If I had a spare bed sheet and some old spray paint mine would be there,lol

STILL MAYNARD OUT...imo.

Quote:
Maynard sounding brighter, "credit to the lads when we went 3-2 down". Talks about intensity being there today.

He says "This place has to got to become a fortress"..... well it was before you came matey!

"You've got to look at the problems before we came here"....... yeah, we were 6th.

Quote:
Better performance but as posters have pointed out it just papers over the cracks. We still look like we will concede at any time. We don’t take the initiative MKD changed the game with their subs

Quote:
Bringing Bostock on cost us the game. As soon as he came on, he slowed the game down with his back passes, which allowed MK to press and take control.

Quote:
A bit surprised that nobody has mentioned the obnoxious little piece of sh!t wearing their 18 shirt. He scored a great goal, but spent the rest of the game trying to wind up the home fans or whinge to the ref. He had been subbed before their second and third goals, but instead of celebrating with the rest of the bench he chose to give it large to the DP stand. Something kicked off and the stewards got involved, but I'm not sure what

Quote:
I did find it interesting that their manager - getting a LOT of flack from their fans for the "unnecessary" changes in their goalkeeper lineup(!) - took vocal responsibility for what he saw as the failings that sat on his shoulders.

Quote:
Luke Williams is the reason we have a L2 team to support next season and not a National League team. Let it be clear; if the team performed for LW like they have for SM, we'd be back in the pit of misery next season.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:01 pm 

I totally get we can't talk, with the Alexander thing but the banners for their manager who's only been there a few weeks seems a bit odd

Granted, they're sliding badly but weren't they sliding before Maynard came in?

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:01 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
I totally get we can't talk, with the Alexander thing but the banners for their manager who's only been there a few weeks seems a bit odd

Granted, they're sliding badly but weren't they sliding before Maynard came in?

I travelled up to the game with a friend who's a Notts fan. He's very much in the Maynard out camp. Feels very familiar to us under Alexander, although it's not so much the style of play that's the problem. Constantly changing the back 4 and goalkeeper (it's not just us with GK troubles!) and it just doesn't feel like he's the right fit for that club. Being the team that has both scored the most goals and conceded the most in the division is pretty impressive - something's not quite right. My mate's words were "if we stick with Maynard next season, we're likely to be in a relegation battle next season." Given they were top of the league when they came to MK, that's quite a decline.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:04 pm 

That first post, in which almost every word has a capitalised first letter, is painful to read. It takes extra time and effort to be that illiterate.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:15 pm 

LW was always going to be a tough act to follow. They were on a poor run prior to him leaving, but he without a doubt had the respect of the dressing room. A massive step up for Maynard, who I believe left his role as a BT engineer to take the Notts job. Theres quite a few big characters in that dressing room (McGoldrick/Bostock) who have been around the block a bit, who I would imagine would sniff anyone out if they thought they weren't up to it. I also have some Notts connections and the vast majority of Notts fans wanted him gone prior to Monday, with most thinking he is completely out of his depth and a rabbit caught in the headlights. Some of his press conferences have been flaky at best, which like it or not, can shift the fan momentum one way or the other. If he doesn't pick up the results from now until the end of the season, I would imagine they will make a change in the summer.

Cracking ground by the way. One of my favourites.