THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 9:26 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:38 pm 

BuckDon wrote:
Wrexham

Colchester United v Wrexham
Wrexham v Crawley Town
Wrexham v Forest Green Rovers
Crewe Alexandra v Wrexham
Wrexham v Stockport County

Mansfield

Mansfield Town v Crawley Town
Mansfield Town v Forest Green Rovers
Milton Keynes Dons v Mansfield Town
Mansfield Town v Accrington Stanley
Mansfield Town v Gillingham
Barrow v Mansfield

Stockport
Sutton United v Stockport County
Colchester United v Stockport County
Stockport County v Morecambe
Notts County v Stockport County
Stockport County v Accrington Stanley

All the teams Wrexham are playing, all have something to play for, be it staying in the EFL or the playoffs. They also play Stockport on the last day of the season, which could be an interesting one. They are also pretty dogshit away like us.

I think Stockport will go up. Mansfield bottled it the year we went up, but I think they have enough experience to see the job through. I think its probably Wrexham who are the team to look out for. Stockport and Mansfield do have games in hand, but theres quite a few Tuesday/Saturdays thrown in there, so fatigue and tiredness could play a part.

We are underdogs without a doubt, but I think this could go down to the last game of the season IF we win our last 4. We also have Barrow knocking on the door as well. But I cant help but feel vibes of Plymouth away a couple of years ago.

Last night does give us a very slight fighting chance.

One of the current top three will get nervous and not make it. It’s just whether it’s us or Barrow that take advantage.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:10 pm 

dons50 wrote:
BuckDon wrote:
Wrexham

Colchester United v Wrexham
Wrexham v Crawley Town
Wrexham v Forest Green Rovers
Crewe Alexandra v Wrexham

Mansfield

Mansfield Town v Crawley Town
Mansfield Town v Forest Green Rovers
Milton Keynes Dons v Mansfield Town
Mansfield Town v Accrington Stanley
Mansfield Town v Gillingham
Barrow v Mansfield

Stockport
Sutton United v Stockport County
Colchester United v Stockport County
Stockport County v Morecambe
Notts County v Stockport County
Stockport County v Accrington Stanley

All the teams Wrexham are playing, all have something to play for, be it staying in the EFL or the playoffs. They also play Stockport on the last day of the season, which could be an interesting one. They are also pretty dogshit away like us.

I think Stockport will go up. Mansfield bottled it the year we went up, but I think they have enough experience to see the job through. I think its probably Wrexham who are the team to look out for. Stockport and Mansfield do have games in hand, but theres quite a few Tuesday/Saturdays thrown in there, so fatigue and tiredness could play a part.

We are underdogs without a doubt, but I think this could go down to the last game of the season IF we win our last 4. We also have Barrow knocking on the door as well. But I cant help but feel vibes of Plymouth away a couple of years ago.

Last night does give us a very slight fighting chance.

One of the current top three will get nervous and not make it. It’s just whether it’s us or Barrow that take advantage.

Maybe. But I suspect the top 3 now will be the top 3 at the end of the season.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:13 pm 

Just win our games and hope we can take it down to the last game of the season. That's all we can worry about. If it is to be the playoffs, I think we'd all feel a lot better about it heading into them on the back of 4 wins.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:16 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
Just win our games and hope we can take it down to the last game of the season. That's all we can worry about. If it is to be the playoffs, I think we'd all feel a lot better about it heading into them on the back of 4 wins.

This man is a genius. Arrange for him to get a sack of used cash and a blow job from a supermodel.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:32 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:

Who's to say they wouldn't have been under more pressure had we won and been level on points with them? If we were right on their tails that would have had a psychological impact too.

I agree surely if we had won they would have been under much more pressure

They are under pressure anyway. Both them and Mansfield for different reasons.

Wrexham have the story and most of North and Central America looking out for them expecting. The only ones that seem to be realistic is the Welsh themselves. The pressure that they are spending a million more a season on player wages than the second highest shows actually they are pushing to get up ASAP which is admirable, but very risky as they will know that failure will have to mean a smaller budget eventually.

Mansfield have been trying to get out of League 2 for 10 years. I didn't realise it was that long, but it is. Imagine being so close so many seasons. This is their best chance at finally reaching their promised land and if the stories are true they kept the sprinklers on overnight as they have 7 players out injured (let's hope the injured players the case on the 13th). My friend who lives in Nottingham said it was hardly raining on Easter Sunday. Gamesmanship of the highest order methinks.

One game doesn't make a season, we know that as after shite defeats we have always bounced back. It is out of our hands for now. Even if we do win and go above either of them we still have to wait to see on Tuesday what happens.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:51 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
they kept the sprinklers on overnight as they have 7 players out injured My friend who lives in Nottingham said it was hardly raining on Easter Sunday. Gamesmanship of the highest order methinks.

Extraordinary if true

Points deduction territory if proven?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:49 am 

Storm expected this weekend and I believe FGR are in its path. Going to make for an interesting game, especially with how open their stadium is

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:38 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Storm expected this weekend and I believe FGR are in its path

Yeah there is a storm coming thier way ....some positive Dons mindset mixed with a metaphor... :lol: ....I like it!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:48 am 

Leighton wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
they kept the sprinklers on overnight as they have 7 players out injured My friend who lives in Nottingham said it was hardly raining on Easter Sunday. Gamesmanship of the highest order methinks.

Extraordinary if true

Points deduction territory if proven?

I can believe it though. Leave it on overnight. Turn it off before the ref gets to the ground. The perfect crime as how would you get caught? I think out of that 7 injuries, most if not all are defenders so you can see them shitting themselves as with Field Mill being a bottling plant in the past they would try anything to get that game off. Doesn't make sense to me though as you are now committing yourself to play Tuesday Saturday for the next few weeks risking more injuries due to fatigue.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:48 pm 

Leighton wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Storm expected this weekend and I believe FGR are in its path

Yeah there is a storm coming thier way ....some positive Dons mindset mixed with a metaphor... :lol: ....I like it!

Imagine FM trying to catch a cross on a stormy, windy & rainy day :o

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next