THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 12:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:58 pm 

Leighton wrote:
Plum wrote:
Wrexham losing at least keeps the hopes of the automatics alive for now. With others still having games in hand, then we've got to win our last four games - which means winning both away games all of a sudden. Still quite unlikely, due to our away failings as much as anything, but at least there's still a chance if we can do our part and pick up 12 points.

Bet we'll win the first three then lose against bloody Sutton

No, we will finish ahead of Wreaxham.. and then get overtaken by Barrow.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:02 pm 

All that does is make it even more frustrating that MW had a brain fart and threw away two points on Monday.

And the 42 minutes added time is further support for the hypothesis that Disney and Deadpool are throwing brown envelopes around left, right and centre to get the storyline they want.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:04 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
All that does is make it even more frustrating that MW had a brain fart and threw away two points on Monday.

And the 42 minutes added time is further support for the hypothesis that Disney and Deadpool are throwing brown envelopes around left, right and centre to get the storyline they want.

I wouldn't look at it like that. Wrexham could have had extra pressure on them tonight due to us dropping points, resulting in their loss. Whereas if we had won yesterday, they may have won tonight as well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:13 pm 

27 April 2019, sitting at Colchester watching us lose. Would never have believed a late winner for Stevenage at Mansfield would give us a lifeline - and a week later we got promoted.

Four games to go. There will be twists and turns. But it would help if we could win our games and maybe play a half competent keeper.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:20 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:

I wouldn't look at it like that. Wrexham could have had extra pressure on them tonight due to us dropping points, resulting in their loss. Whereas if we had won yesterday, they may have won tonight as well.

That's nonsense. Our result yesterday had no bearing whatsoever on how Wrexham played tonight. We dropped 2 points when we shouldn't have. If we'd have won that game we'd now be in a pretty strong position. But instead we're still here clinging on to slim hopes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:34 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:

That's nonsense. Our result yesterday had no bearing whatsoever on how Wrexham played tonight. We dropped 2 points when we shouldn't have. If we'd have won that game we'd now be in a pretty strong position. But instead we're still here clinging on to slim hopes.

Its definitely not nonsense at all. Whether the result would have been different, obviously no one can know but Wrexham had extra pressure on them tonight after our result. A win and they were pretty much certain of an auto space.

Psychology plays a huge role in football.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:41 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:

Its definitely not nonsense at all. Whether the result would have been different, obviously no one can know but Wrexham had extra pressure on them tonight after our result. A win and they were pretty much certain of an auto space.

Psychology plays a huge role in football.

Who's to say they wouldn't have been under more pressure had we won and been level on points with them? If we were right on their tails that would have had a psychological impact too.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:35 am 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:

Who's to say they wouldn't have been under more pressure had we won and been level on points with them? If we were right on their tails that would have had a psychological impact too.

I agree surely if we had won they would have been under much more pressure

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:11 am 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:

I agree surely if we had won they would have been under much more pressure

Probably so, yeah.
It's different types of pressure being discussed. One is in a nail biter, with a team breathing down your neck and feeling like it's a mustn't drop any points scenario. The other is when the winning line is in sight and suddenly you feel the pressure of being so close to it and they often say getting over that final hurdle brings a different type of pressure (especially if you're not a regular winner). But Wrexham weren't at that stage at all, and would have certainly got a boost from our last minute dropped points and I'm sure they'd have felt under more pressure had we won and been breathing down their necks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:29 pm 

Wrexham

Colchester United v Wrexham
Wrexham v Crawley Town
Wrexham v Forest Green Rovers
Crewe Alexandra v Wrexham
Wrexham v Stockport County

Mansfield

Mansfield Town v Crawley Town
Mansfield Town v Forest Green Rovers
Milton Keynes Dons v Mansfield Town
Mansfield Town v Accrington Stanley
Mansfield Town v Gillingham
Barrow v Mansfield

Stockport
Sutton United v Stockport County
Colchester United v Stockport County
Stockport County v Morecambe
Notts County v Stockport County
Stockport County v Accrington Stanley
Wrexham v Stockport County

All the teams Wrexham are playing, all have something to play for, be it staying in the EFL or the playoffs. They also play Stockport on the last day of the season, which could be an interesting one. They are also pretty dogshit away like us.

I think Stockport will go up. Mansfield bottled it the year we went up, but I think they have enough experience to see the job through. I think its probably Wrexham who are the team to look out for. Stockport and Mansfield do have games in hand, but theres quite a few Tuesday/Saturdays thrown in there, so fatigue and tiredness could play a part.

We are underdogs without a doubt, but I think this could go down to the last game of the season IF we win our last 4. We also have Barrow knocking on the door as well. But I cant help but feel vibes of Plymouth away a couple of years ago.

Last night does give us a very slight fighting chance.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next