THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:31 pm 

League Two in 24-25. Knocked out in 23-24 play off semi final by AFC or Crawley. :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:33 pm 

midfielder wrote:
League Two in 24-25. Knocked out in 23-24 play off semi final by AFC or Crawley. :oops:

Optimistic to think we’re finishing 4th

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:36 pm 

Truly awful. I’m very unhappy.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:53 pm 

Ormeau wrote:
Truly awful. I’m very unhappy.

Because i know you're Norn Iron, i read this in the accent and it's fucking terrifying.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:57 pm 

RedOnRed wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
Yeah, remember when I said Kelly wasn't good enough long term?

Best keeper we have but a pick from a mediocre bunch. Not good enough andnive been consistent in saying that.

Bit harsh on Kelly who has been utterly outstanding. He made a mistake that any keeper could've done on a rain soaked pitch and was punished by a very good finish.

Why are we so so so quick to defend a guy who's apparently been 'outstanding' and immediately conclude McG and Marschall are crap too?

They've all had their moments.

I agree, and stand by the fact hes the best keeper we have bit call a spade a fucking spade. He was hopeless today and has conceded numerous questionable goals. To say he's been 'outstanding' is so far off the mark it's almost satire. He's been adequate and infinitely better than Harness and Marshall but that's an incredibly low bar. He's let in some crao goals, made some horrific passes and today he was caught all ends up on more than one occasion.

Does it mean we drop him? No, of course not. But you can criticise a goalkeeper, or any player for that matter when called upon and He's been caught at sixes and sevens on many occasions

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:09 pm 

We’ve kept 1 clean sheet in 2024. 1 clean sheet for a team aiming for automatic promotion.

You can’t continue like this. Something has to change. We need to find a defence capable of defending, otherwise we’re getting torn to shit in the away leg of the play offs.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:22 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
We’ve kept 1 clean sheet in 2024. 1 clean sheet for a team aiming for automatic promotion.

You can’t continue like this. Something has to change. We need to find a defence capable of defending, otherwise we’re getting torn to shit in the away leg of the play offs.

This. 3 - 0 Doncaster. 4 - 0 Braford. 5 - 0 Stockport. Somerhing stinks in the House of Williams and he needs to sort it out, rather than be proud of the football we have played.

Last edited by ReturnofMoo on Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:30 pm 

MJ looks truly uncomfortable in a back three, I hope Tucker is close to a return, I’d play O’Hora, Tucker and Norman, MJ might have a role as a DM to add a bit of bite to a lightweight midfield, especially away from home, might stop a 6 - 0 battering Easter Monday.

Far too fragile at defending, something MW has to get to grips with, it’s all very well playing nice football, but utterly pointless when we’re leaking goals

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:33 pm 

Scribble wrote:
MJ looks truly uncomfortable in a back three, I hope Tucker is close to a return, I’d play O’Hora, Tucker and Norman, MJ might have a role as a DM to add a bit of bite to a lightweight midfield, especially away from home, might stop a 6 - 0 battering Easter Monday.

Far too fragile at defending, something MW has to get to grips with, it’s all very well playing nice football, but utterly pointless when we’re leaking goals

MJ is too slow in defence or midfield and his vision is limited. Play someone else.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:41 pm 

What does MW see in MJ though? What are we missing. There must be something that makes him choose him ahead of Norman.

All I see is someone who is less agile than Lewington, isn’t good at tackling, isn’t actually that good at passing and fairly average in the air.

Norman is superior to him in every area.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next