THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:29 am 

inspector gadget wrote:
I recall warning you lads during the closed season, that Stockport would be the team to watch.
Still, as the mighty Cobblers are safe from relegation this season, and you look like being good for a play off spot this year, I look forward to seeing you all again soon. Dont let me down. :D

Morning, Gadge. Impressive season this time around in L1 for you boiz, congrats. Ya fuckers.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:39 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
What does MW see in MJ though? What are we missing. There must be something that makes him choose him ahead of Norman.

All I see is someone who is less agile than Lewington, isn’t good at tackling, isn’t actually that good at passing and fairly average in the air.

Norman is superior to him in every area.

MJ has had plenty of good games in that back 3. Let's not pretend he's the only reason we're losing games. He's obviously MW's preferred option out of a pretty average bunch. Norman is nothing special, Lewie isn't really suited to the right side of the defence and Anthony Stewart could well be dead for all I know. So we've not got a great selection of options. I imagine Tucker will slot straight back in, as soon as he's fit enough.

I can't defend MJ's performance today, he was vey poor. As were pretty much all of our players defensively. But can we please stop using him as a scapegoat everytime we have a poor performance. This idea that we can replace MJ with Norman and everything will be fine is nonsense.

Absolutely not using him as a scapegoat, I think the criticism is totally justified. He’s looked poor for weeks now. He’s not the sole reason we lost tonight, but he is the weakest link in a pretty weak defence.

Harvie is close to being as weak as MJ if he keeps up his most recent performances.

Agreed, he has been giving the ball away cheaply on a constant basis in our third for months even.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:41 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Dean looked chaotic when he came on tonight. Didn’t offer anything. Going to take him a while to get back up to speed

When his chaos is directed then he has been at his strongest. Wonder what the message from MW was for his return?

I am trying to be balanced about this loss but it is concerning with a likely away leg play off game coming. I have every confidence we'll won our home fixture. Ht by how much and will it be enough ?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:45 pm 

inspector gadget wrote:
I recall warning you lads during the closed season, that Stockport would be the team to watch.
Still, as the mighty Cobblers are safe from relegation this season, and you look like being good for a play off spot this year, I look forward to seeing you all again soon. Dont let me down. :D

I don’t get your post. If we end up in the play-offs, we will be remaining in L2 cos we are shit at them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:56 pm 

Scum. wrote:
inspector gadget wrote:

I don’t get your post. If we end up in the play-offs, we will be remaining in L2 cos we are shit at them.

The clue was in his last sentence

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:12 pm 

Leighton wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
What does MW see in MJ though? What are we missing. There must be something that makes him choose him ahead of Norman.

All I see is someone who is less agile than Lewington, isn’t good at tackling, isn’t actually that good at passing and fairly average in the air.

MJ has had plenty of good games in that back 3. Let's not pretend he's the only reason we're losing games. He's obviously MW's preferred option out of a pretty average bunch. Norman is nothing special, Lewie isn't really suited to the right side of the defence and Anthony Stewart could well be dead for all I know. So we've not got a great selection of options. I imagine Tucker will slot straight back in, as soon as he's fit enough.

I can't defend MJ's performance today, he was vey poor. As were pretty much all of our players defensively. But can we please stop using him as a scapegoat everytime we have a poor performance. This idea that we can replace MJ with Norman and everything will be fine is nonsense.

Absolutely not using him as a scapegoat, I think the criticism is totally justified. He’s looked poor for weeks now. He’s not the sole reason we lost tonight, but he is the weakest link in a pretty weak defence.

Harvie is close to being as weak as MJ if he keeps up his most recent performances.

Agreed, he has been giving the ball away cheaply on a constant basis in our third for months even.

Double agreed, and his constant feigning injury is beginning to annoy me now too.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:35 pm 

Oakeedokee wrote:
Leighton wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

Double agreed, and his constant feigning injury is beginning to annoy me now too.

Are we talking about Tucker?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:27 am 

Location: .... In SG19 ..... APL Champion 2017/18 Betting Champion 2019/20 Power of 3 Champion 2017/18 + 19/20
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Never win on TV.
We won the play off second leg v Wycombe. Just not the tie.
OK hardly ever.
We've won more games on TV than we've lost.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7677

21/22 26 11 _9 89 LM 3rd

05/06 12 14 20 50 DW 22nd R
22/23 11 12 23 45 lm/MJ 21st R
17/18 11 12 23 45 rn/DM 23rd R
15/16 _9 12 25 39 KR 23rd R

LS: A rocky start, that's all it is.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13