THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:19 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:56 pm 

Quote:
Are they going to be daft enough to try and take the game to us and have a right go to close the gap…..I really hope so.

Stags 4 Pretend Dons 0

Quote:
We need to step onto bate and gilbey
They’re running the midfield, they don’t have much else to offer apart from
Those two

Quote:
They look to have the measure of us with their quick breaks on the counter. We are making errors and the wrong decisions. A draw would be a great result here. Feeling pretty flat.

Quote:
MK are a very good side who play controlled football. Best I’ve seen this season in L2 here at Field Mill

Quote:
Best team won. No complaints.

Quote:
MK schooled us tonight. They played very well and deserved to win. No complaints from me.

Quote:
Can we buy their man Gilbey please.

Quote:
MK Don's were an excellent side. Credit must be given.

Quote:
I knew they were good but not THAT good. Some of their play was brilliant, constantly dropping little balls through the midfield, overlaps galore and they knew when to press.

Basically us in white but better on the night.
We've been done by two slightly fortunate goals, a brilliant finish for the first and despite the deflected second I thought we were far too slow to close him down.

We possibly created enough to get a point and you can't fault the effort but if we're being truthful we were beaten by a very good side who were better than us on the night.

Quote:
Disjointed, predictable and outplayed at times. Some awful individual performances. MKD by far the best team I’ve seen this season. They’ll be top 3.

Quote:
They looked a division better!

Quote:
best team won, no complaints, they bossed our midfield formation & we just didn’t get a second ball………finish above these and you are promoted

Quote:
Definitely outplayed in midfield, they were so quick through the stages of the pitch and we didn't respond to that we'll and stick to our natural game. These were the best we've seen at the Mill this season and they played us when a number of our players were individually poor.

Quote:
Go along with the majority, they were a really good side.

However, there’s obviously a way to play against them given their relatively poor away form. I thought we should have change formation as they were able to play out from the back too easily.

Quote:
Their number 11 ran the show, what a player he is. Clough was out thought and the team were outplayed. Williams has been really good recently and provided good balance but was benched and we play a centre forward at full back AGAIN. Don't give me this rotate cos of tiredness bunkum play your best team from the start. Very disappointed tonight

Quote:
They made do much time, space and room for each other and some of their passing ran rings around us. Absolutely no complaints about the result.

Quote:
They are the best side I’ve seen us play this season and by some distance. They thoroughly deserved the victory and out footballed us, which is no mean feat. Gilbey and Bate looked very classy operators.

Quote:
I think there a decent side but we played into their hands...they must be the only side this season I've watched who has never crossed a ball in to the Box!

Quote:
Was very impressed with MK, there movement, passing and speed exposed some of the frailties that the squad has, so if we do get promotion we should accept that we may need some significant investment just to stay there. Port Vale are struggling in League 1 and they did a similar thing to us that MK did last night.

Quote:
MK looked superb in midfield, brave with passing and more important wanting to receive it in tight areas. It's the way we try and play which we've managed to do plenty of times this season but we seemed a bit scared to try it last night and went longer a lot of the time. First time we've lost the midfield all season. We have put ourselves in a position where we can afford this and maybe a couple more defeats. We will win enough games for top three. Can't see us being as open away to MK. Nigel will pack the midfield and I would even be tempted th man mark Gilbey out of the game.

Quote:
We lost it in midfield to the best team I have seen at Field Mill for some time. That said we were not that bad and in many ways it was an even game. Two very good sides. Not worried about this one but concerned that there seems to be five serious contenders for the top three spaces: MK, Wrexham, Stockport, Crewe and ourselves.

Quote:
I sat by a friend from Coventry and MKD were a yard quicker went forward with skill and pace and defended with a pack mentality so to say Mansfield deserved a draw is a big statement.
They also shown more Skill with the football and brought it under control with a lot more affect.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:02 pm 

That’s a great read!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:12 pm 

Big fan of that first comment. Played exactly how he wanted us to and took the 3 points.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:17 pm 

Very good, an unbiased, sensible response from a fan base who know football, I’d like to add I thought they were a decent side as well, made a very good game to watch, the return leg in April should be a cracker with the end of season in sight, it might be another crucial clash with the Stags

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:18 pm 

Not a proper club talking like that

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:19 pm 

Scribble wrote:
Very good, an unbiased, sensible response from a fan base who know football, I’d like to add I thought they were a decent side as well, made a very good game to watch, the return leg in April should be a cracker with the end of season in sight, it might be another crucial clash with the Stags

Agreed. Mansfield caused panic in our box a few times, which no other club has done under MW.

Last night was arguably a game between the two current best teams in the league.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:25 pm 

Mansfield are sound tbh, other than a few bells at the promotion game.

Remember they got shafted by Bury who got promoted ahead of them after being grossly irresponsible and then going kaput early next season.

Clough is a decent manager. I think they'll go up this year automatically anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:42 am 

I think Mansfield fans are bigger supporters of us and our football style than most of our fans are

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:24 am 

cornerdon26 wrote:
I think Mansfield fans are bigger supporters of us and our football style than most of our fans are

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:08 am 

Scribble wrote:

The worry is that they’ll have learnt from their mistakes, pack the midfield and not allow us a second on the ball in there. The stakes will be high and like another team we’d recently “schooled” they won’t be letting it happen again.