THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:13 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
donmentor wrote:
That has made more angry than ever about last Saturday. :evil:

Why? Because we can't beat strong, big, hoofballers, but we can beat good teams? The good teams are all at the top end of the league. Fuck AFC, they won their cup final. That's it for their season. We have bigger fish to fry.

This

Said it before, say it again. Think our fanbase has handled this very well. I know we were mediocre as fuck in 16/17 but when we lost there the first time it really felt like the end of the World. It felt like we crawled our way to the end of the season, and we actually had a few good results to end the season but it hung over us.
From the moment we lost that, the fans after the game seemed pretty "fuck it we move" and aren't gonna doubt these players. Which helps, unlike last time, having a better aide.

It really is an indication that though it hurts, it is a moment in time above all else. This was as big, points wise as Saturday would've been if not arguably bigger. And we won.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:04 am 

Just shows you that stats can be absolute bollocks, especially at this level. Apparently Mansfield had 8 big chances (rarely ever see as many as that) vs our 0.

So Dennis' miss and Gilbey's chance at the end that was saved weren't big chances? And where on earth did they get 8 from?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:08 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Mansfield fans might come out and say the typical thing of them playing poorly, but there is no way they have come up against a better team this season (on the night).

We were absolutely brilliant for the majority of the game.

One thing I will say, is that I can kind of see why Mansfield are top of the League. Under MW, we are very, very rarely under the cosh at any time, but Mansfield did give us a few hairy moments, albeit thankfully not that often.

Talking to one who said they've been the better side in most games. The ones they've lost have been due to dodgy ref errors and we're always in the game.
That is the worst they've played all season and mainly because we made them look that way.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:15 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Just shows you that stats can be absolute bollocks, especially at this level. Apparently Mansfield had 8 big chances (rarely ever see as many as that) vs our 0.

So Dennis' miss and Gilbey's chance at the end that was saved weren't big chances? And where on earth did they get 8 from?

3 from the pen (2 saves then a goal on the 3rd shot), 4 together in the 2nd half when we made the quadruple block and 1 other at the beginning of the 2nd half. That's a max of 3 goals in my book.
We had both goals and the shot their keeper turned over near the end at the very least

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:31 am 

AB4 wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

3 from the pen (2 saves then a goal on the 3rd shot), 4 together in the 2nd half when we made the quadruple block and 1 other at the beginning of the 2nd half. That's a max of 3 goals in my book.
We had both goals and the shot their keeper turned over near the end at the very least

Looking at the highlights neither of our goals was a big chance, the Dennis header probably was

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:21 am 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
AB4 wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

Looking at the highlights neither of our goals was a big chance, the Dennis header probably was

Dennis definitely was, as was Gilbey’s chance towards the end. Agree neither goal would go down as a big chance

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:51 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
donmentor wrote:

So losing tonight would have made you less angry about Saturday? :?

Yes. Sat was an opportunity thrown away by not playing as well as we showed last night, and against Newport the game before, we completely blew it against a crap side.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:56 am 

donmentor wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
donmentor wrote:

Yes. Sat was an opportunity thrown away by not playing as well as we showed last night, and against Newport the game before, we completely blew it against a crap side.

An alternative view might be that we lost against a side that exploited our vulnerabilities. We currently struggle, particularly away against more physical sides and have a tendency to over commit in certain circumstances. We played below our capabilities, largely because we were made to.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:06 am 

Magpie wrote:
donmentor wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
donmentor wrote:

An alternative view might be that we lost against a side that exploited our vulnerabilities. We currently struggle, particularly away against more physical sides and have a tendency to over commit in certain circumstances. We played below our capabilities, largely because we were made to.

This. And we are far from alone in having that weakness - hence why we are still very much in the running, and why this league has been throwing out seemingly bizarre results all season.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:14 am 

I was busy last night with a work thing. I didn't get home until very late and had no access to internet so I missed the game and the score line altogether until I checked this morning. What a treat to wake up to! I've spent the last 20 minutes reading through this thread and it was highly enjoyable. I particularly enjoyed the comments calling out MW's team selection and of course Dennis's inclusion in the starting line up :lol: We are a fickle bunch eh.

COYD's! Promotion is on!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next