THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:10 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:39 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
On that note, how did 4 Welsh teams end up in the English leagues and no Scottish teams did?

There wasn't a Welsh league when they were founded.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/explained- ... rcl7ov7ten

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:33 pm 

When Ron Noades and Sam Hammam put their plan of action into place in the early 80's Milton Keynes was nothing more than a row of terraced houses and a petrol station (not self service).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:45 pm 

Council Kev wrote:
When Ron Noades and Sam Hammam put their plan of action into place in the early 80's Milton Keynes was nothing more than a row of terraced houses and a petrol station (not self service).

Cheeky git. I lived here then.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:48 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Council Kev wrote:

Cheeky git. I lived here then.

In a terraced house, or in the petrol station?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:30 pm 

Quote:
Depends whether you think the passage of time diminishes the original crime or not. I don't. When Franchise FC stole Wimbledon's identity and league place, there was a strong consensus by fans that they should be regarded as a pariah club. I don't see any reason why that should change. If the people of Milton Keynes wanted "an established league club", equal to all the others, then they could have got behind either of the two non-league outfits they had in the 90s, both of whom were put out of business by Pete W*nkleman transplanting Wimbledon to their town, and got behind them so they worked their way up the pyramid like the rest of us.

1. None of us committed a 'crime' and nor did PW. The crime (using the term loosely) was that WFC was run into the ground by its then owners, abandoned by its fans and the local community, by the FA running out of patience with them failing to find a new local ground of their own and ultimately by the bizarre decision of the FA to allow relocation to MK.
2. Ignoring the Accord with the FSF which was supposed to end this 'pariah' status which agreed to move forwards from the move.
3. Bringing up yet again the Shudda Cudda Wudda of why didn't 'we' start from scratch etc etc - in an ideal world yes obvs but it didn't happen that way. What are we supposed to have done - got into a Time Machine?

Seriously since I moved from London to MK in the 1980s (as did a fair number of MK residents) Wimbledon is not my circus and not my monkeys and never has been.

Last edited by voxish on Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:52 pm 

I couldn't give a fuck what ladybits like him say. Infact, when stupid ladybits like mim start to accept us, that's when it'll be time for me to fuck off.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:30 pm 

Gers wrote:
I couldn't give a fuck what ladybits like him say. Infact, when stupid ladybits like mim start to accept us, that's when it'll be time for me to fuck off.

Hear F- hear.
What was it again?....Oh yes, three nil. After being the 'in form team'.
Eat poo poo you man who does bad things to his mother.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:19 pm 

A lot of these clubs didn’t “earn” their way in the Football League pyramid in the first place as they were elected, instead of being promoted solely on merit. (A lot of them finished top of their leagues, but it was often a political process anyway, as they had to be elected in place of a bottom placed team)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:00 am 

DippyDon wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
On that note, how did 4 Welsh teams end up in the English leagues and no Scottish teams did?

There wasn't a Welsh league when they were founded.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/explained- ... rcl7ov7ten

Well there is now and I am sure nobody would miss any of them if they fucked off to their own league. Colwyn Bay did it about five years ago as it was too expensive to travel round England so they opted out and went into the Welsh league.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:31 am 

Who was the 2nd MK side killed by Winkel?

Highly dubious MK City is one in any case. All we have is a statement talking about a confused situation, the directors leaving for personal reasons and by a remarkable coincidence an AFC Wimbledon fan who's relative just happened to be Secretary at the time... 8-)

Also saw on Twitter there was is an AFC Wimbledon fan who used to go and watch MK City ALL THE TIME! :roll: