It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:29 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:57 pm 

Quote:
1912 Exiles: Newport County podcast
@1912Exiles
·
Follow
No #4QuestionPreview this week, as County will play a club who don't deserve to exist. Instead, we'll follow @WSC_magazine's precedent.

In the meantime, catch our latest episodes at https://shows.acast.com/1912exiles

#Franchise #PariahClub
#NotInTheWiderInterestsOfFootball

Quote:
I guess it’s your prerogative not to talk much about MK Dons, but I’m a little surprised at how hated they remain after a full 20 years since they were formed.

I get the whole issue around them ‘stealing’ a league place from Wimbledon and the fans frenzy at the time. But after 20 years on, can’t we accept them as an established league club? Not much different to how Dagenham merged with Redbridge to take over their ground and league position.

Quote:
Depends whether you think the passage of time diminishes the original crime or not. I don't. When Franchise FC stole Wimbledon's identity and league place, there was a strong consensus by fans that they should be regarded as a pariah club. I don't see any reason why that should change. If the people of Milton Keynes wanted "an established league club", equal to all the others, then they could have got behind either of the two non-league outfits they had in the 90s, both of whom were put out of business by Pete W*nkleman transplanting Wimbledon to their town, and got behind them so they worked their way up the pyramid like the rest of us.

Quote:
I am a long-time subscriber to, and supporter of, When Saturday Comes. However, this is the one thing that I do not support them on: their annual insistence of excluding MKD from their pre-season survey, as per the photo above.

The teenaged grandson of a friend of mine supports them - he is from there: they are his local team. Try telling him that they "don't deserve to exist".

Like them or not, they do exist: pretending that they do not is not going to make them go away.
Like it or not, we will be playing them on Saturday.

Quote:
Its not important what fans like or do not like. MKD, Wrexham, City etc etc. They are there and are entitled to be there. I do find hatred of other clubs pathetic.

Quote:
Appalling. Men against boys.

Quote:
I think we’re getting a reality check today and a football lesson from the franchise. Abysmal performance
so far. Already lost the game after half an hour!
Ok , they’re much the better side but our defending is absolutely abysmal and the worst thing about this game is we don’t look that interested!

Quote:
Full time 3-0. Handed a football lesson it seemed. Never mind, onwards and upwards.

Quote:
for anyone thinking of going to MK for a match in future, don’t bother. Shit atmosphere unless you like retail parks, in which case do yourself a favour and go watch Cardiff

Quote:
By a country mile our worst performance this season. Everybody looked lethargic, uninterested and knackered. Nick put a few good saves in and if MKD had not been so woeful in front of goal it could have been getting on for double figures.

Quote:
Why is it that nobody ever seems to give the opposition any credit when we get well beaten? It's always our fault, we didn't perform, xx is too slow, xxx can perform, manager wrong tactics/formation!!
As if we only have to turn up to win.
We were beaten by the better side, 1st half run rings around us, it doesn't make the players who have lost twice in 10 and we're top of current form table, crap, off day yes but give the opposition and their staff some credit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:27 pm 

A mixture of grownups and silly WSC zealots. Excellent. So few clubs exhibit ill-informed hate any more. Good to see it thriving in the Principality.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:15 am 

Three points anyway, hope the drive back wasn't too bad, cheers again.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:03 am 

I mean if we are going there we might as well say they stole a place from a hard working English side. Interesting to note about Dagenham and Redbridge. I genuinely thought they started from the bottom.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:32 am 

Another team to add to the evidence that it's the clubs with 100+ year's history of doing absolutely fuck all with nothing to show for it that feels the most aggrieved by something that didn't affect them

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:40 am 

Yup....And who clearly ignore that 'the real (new) Wimbledon' came into existence when the old one was still around ie the club was abandoned.
3-0. Very tasty.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:02 am 

If they want to talk about integrity, maybe they should fuck off to the welsh leagues and give the league place they stole to an actual english team.

As for watching cardiff they might be able to if they both ply their trades in their home leagues, because they arent getting promoted anytime soon.

ladybits.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:02 am 

Russybcool wrote:
I mean if we are going there we might as well say they stole a place from a hard working English side. Interesting to note about Dagenham and Redbridge. I genuinely thought they started from the bottom.

Was just going to post this exact thing. The irony of a Welsh team getting all preachy about our history when they don't even play in their own national league!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:15 am 

Russybcool wrote:

I like that argument.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:38 am 

On that note, how did 5 Welsh teams end up in the English leagues and no Scottish teams did?