THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:13 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:23 pm 

Quote:
Weird game where by all rights we should have won, yet should also easily have lost given that dumb goal that wasn't given just before the red card, not to mention that scary sequence just before the end.

Quote:
Would have been delighted with a point at the start but with how the game panned out quite frustrated after probably the best away performance of the season.

Quote:
Keeps them at arms length in the table and Stockport drew as well. Surprised how poor Dons were tbh. We were much the better side.

Quote:
Okwonko got away with murder and for me Parky has dropped a massive clanger not hooking Boyle. He looked like a red card in the waiting as soon as he was booked. It's poor game management.

Quote:
What a dirty bunch of diving cheats the franchise are !

decent performance away from home - Dominated large parts of the game , without really testing the keeper .

Should have won it . could have lost it

Quote:
Would rather be us than MK Dons fan tonight (well, any and every night in fairness but you know what I mean!)

Quote:
All told, thanks to that save at the end we got away with one. The keeper error looked a goal to me too.
Boyle red card is also on Parkinson, he should have been subbed off whilst on the yellow it was clear for all to see.

Quote:
A very good performance. We should have won that about 4-8.

Quote:
Any sort of quality going forward and we win that at a canter tonight. We looked more like winning when Barney came on and actually started getting some decent deliveries into the box but it was nipped in the bud when they cheated to get Boyle sent off. Ref was an utter mug for their diving all night but at least he evened it out by not giving a goal from Arthur’s clanger.

Quote:
Super performance. Got away with murder though.

Apart from Fletcher, our strikers all look like they couldn't hit a cow's arse at present. Hugely concerning.

Special mention for Luke who played like a man possessed.

Cracking game of football though, absolute belter.

Quote:
Either side could have won it, albeit with a contrast of styles. We were the better team but they tested Artur, and the lineman, more.

Quote:
I’ll take it all day long.

Weird one really. If they’re awarded a goal (they should’ve been) we’re 2-1 down at 11 vs 11 and Lewington doesn’t get sent off. But then we get a chunk of the game a man up with them leaving gaps and don’t take advantage.

Quote:
That felt like a game tailor made for us, proper big pitch to pass the ball on and a proper stadium. Felt like a Cup tie and we were up for it.

Quote:
A really good and a surprisingly dominant away performance which should have resulted in three points but the fact is that ball did cross the line. Which means that this was a good point with some top performances including from Young, Arthur, O Connell Cleworth Cannon and McClean. If only we’d kept 11 on the pitch, Barnett would have created the winner. Ref was awful.

Quote:
Whilst I hate VAR, if it was present tonight:

- Lewington gets a red first half for a stamp
- They have a second goal, as Athur’s momentum carries ball over the line
- we get penalty for Palmer foul
- Boyle stays on and their player is booked for diving

Quote:
I thought we could and maybe even should have won - but at the same time feel like we're lucky to come away without the a point given if that likely over the goal line save had been given, I don't think have been able to grumble about it.

Maybe on the balance of things a draw is a fair result given my conflicted feelings on it. Weird game though.

Quote:
Now for the Okonkwo error, can anyone say the whole ball was over the line I couldn't honestly say it was, but the main people the officials didn't think so.

Quote:
Good performance away from home, but we flattered to deceive in front of goal, their keeper not really tested, especially in that second half.

Arthur made 3 or 4 first class saves, yet we looked the most dangerous upto the edge of the box.

Feels like 2 points lost, but overall happy not to lose, and allow them to get closer to us in the table.

Quote:
The ball was 100% over the goal line Ref and linesman having an eye test tomorrow.

Quote:
we've been on the positive end of a few absolute refereeing howlers recently. if all decisions were given correctly we'd be on 13 points from our last 10 games.

that's low mid table, not promotion winning form.

Quote:
From that angle it looks over the line. But it's hidden behind his knee which is touching the post so there's an extremely small possibility that it didn't go over.

Quote:
My mistake.

I forgot you Welsh like to play with odd shaped balls.

Quote:
I guess we’re still paying the refs after all

Quote:
And yet he missed Lewingtons stamp on Cannon clearest red you will ever see .We have no luck with dodgy refs MK Dons must have paid him

Quote:
Lewington should have seen red for the Cannon stamp and the ball clearly crossed the line - probably cancel eachother out just about.

MK Dons looked like a sloppy Notts County, equally as dodgy at the back. I'm all for good passing and build up play, but the way they were at the back coming out with the ball was near suicidal - L2 players will get found out doing that.

Good point, but our lack of finishing is a concern. As for that referee, truly awful and shouldn't be anywhere near a league game with a set of cards.

Quote:
Mk Dons manager needs reporting feels like there is a agenda against Wrexham every decision are way gets highlighted by fans from every other team on social media, funny enough don't see the ones we're not getting

Quote:
Some of the crap from these no-mark, normally Notts County fans, is bordering libelous. We as a fanbase are extremely generous supporting other fan bases when their clubs are in dire straights. I don't think I will be so keen in future. Up the selfish, ref buying, Disney watching. Yank loving, Hollywood owning reds. F**k the lot of them.

Quote:
Watching it on ifollow it definitely went over the line. The incident was repeated a half a dozen times. If it had happened to us RP would be on fire. But. if it had led to a Franchise win that would have been a very bitter pill to swallow. We were far and away the better team and no need to scapegoat the usual players as it was a good team performance throughout.

Quote:
When Mullin, Palmer and Lee came on I though oh great, the cavalry has turned up to get a goal. Alas when they put that type of performance in, they all did nothing, too slow and predictable and I thought all 3 were really ineffective and didn't do the running Marriott and Dalby were doing and harassing their back line.

Quote:
I hope we never ever have a soulless stadium like that.

Quote:
Plenty of people still don't realise the rule. The WHOLE of the ball has to be over the WHOLE of the line.

As Saturday, on field decision is no goal and since then, no definitive evidence to the contrary.

Bottom line.....it wasn't a goal. MK's manager using it to cover the fact they were lucky not to get beat. We played well

Quote:
The whole of the ball was over the line. Arthur saved it on the line but his momentum carried it well over.

Quote:
I just wonder what the opinions would be if it happened the other way around? My guess is that the number making a case for it not being over the line would be a number less than one. And the ones claiming it didn't go over now would be the same ones claiming it was blatantly over if their keeper did it!

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the ref didn't give it as I was hoping you would win. We won't catch you, but we might catch the horrible fake club. And a win would have put the other horrible club in this league down to third.

Quote:
As disappointed as the MK Dons manager was by the non-goal, his post-match comments suggesting that Wrexham get all the decisions in their favour just because of being Wrexham were disgraceful. He quoted that Stockport and NC also had “goals” disallowed against Wrexham! He clearly hasn’t seen all of the shocking decisions that have gone against us this season but he is playing mind-games and inviting referees to respond more harshly against us.

Quote:
he has a point about last night I think, but to bring up Notts county when it was a clear handball is unprofessional. I can't remember the mansfield incident he is referring to.

Quote:
Think he was actually referring to Walsall v Mansfield when Mansfield were denied a goal claiming the ball had crossed the line.
Clough has since requested goal line technology for L1 and L2.

Quote:
Stayed in the hotel at the ground overnight and at breakfast this morning most of the players came in to the breakfast room for a coffee. Spoke to one of them and he said the cameras in the stadium show the ball crossed the line. So good job no VAR?

Quote:
Club has just put up an embarrassing clip of the non-goal with Mark Goldbridge's voice over it. Take that down FFS.

Quote:
Earlier this month Mansfield beat us 1-0 at their place, and there was another "crossed the line" incident where we were denied a goal. I was at the opposite end of the ground so don't have a clue what happened, but on their board the majority of home fans who were closer to it said it was over. Clough never said a single word about it at the time, but two weeks later he was furious when it went against him!

Quote:
Notts County fans siding with Franchise FC. Desperate tossers. That won't last long, the utter scabs are only in it for themselves, just like their dad's/grandad's were. Scab town.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:33 pm 

What a deluded bunch they are! If that's their best away performance of the season I have no idea how they are as high in the league as they are because I really didn't think they were that good

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:43 pm 

midland don wrote:
What a deluded bunch they are! If that's their best away performance of the season I have no idea how they are as high in the league as they are because I really didn't think they were that good

In fairness their away form is terrible so they can play shite and it be their best away performance

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:43 pm 

midland don wrote:

In fairness their away form is terrible so they can play shite and it be their best away performance

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:16 pm 

29 pages and the only anti-MK comment was from a non-Wrexham supporter. Disappointing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:36 pm 

A mixed bag. Some knowledgeable football fans and some Disney bandwagon jumpers. The contrast between their views is marked.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:13 pm 

What a bunch of wankers. Should call them Wankerham.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:53 am 

Quote:
I'm all for good passing and build up play, but the way they were at the back coming out with the ball was near suicidal - L2 players will get found out doing that.

I think this is spot on.

Good mix of honest vs deluded comments overall. Really don't know what game they were watching if they think they "dominated". They had spells (esp 10 vs 11) but we looked the likelier to win I thought.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:18 am 

I can only assume their view of a dominant performance was because it was much better than their other away games.

If you look at the stats, we had more of the ball, they had more shots in total and we both had the same amount of shots on target. That is with us having 1 less player for 18 mins.

Tomlinson's top bins shot at the end of the first half (brilliantly saved by their keeper), the ghost goal (terrible by their keeper) and our shot straight at their keeper from 2 yards out at the end of the game were all better chances than they mustered (bar the goal from a corner).

They weren't the better team imo and the stats back that up.
The ref was shit for both teams, as they always are in L2.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:25 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Quote:
I'm all for good passing and build up play, but the way they were at the back coming out with the ball was near suicidal - L2 players will get found out doing that.

I think this is spot on.

Good mix of honest vs deluded comments overall. Really don't know what game they were watching if they think they "dominated". They had spells (esp 10 vs 11) but we looked the likelier to win I thought.

They dominated until they scored then for patches when a man up

However I agree it was balanced overall and considering

A. We should have been 2-1 up from the goal the lino missed

B. The above caused us to be a man down for a long period of time

With correct decisions from the officials we'd have at least kept the one goal advantage and maybe more