THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:26 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:27 pm 

AB4 wrote:
I can only assume their view of a dominant performance was because it was much better than their other away games.

If you look at the stats, we had more of the ball, they had more shots in total and we both had the same amount of shots on target. That is with us having 1 less player for 18 mins.

Tomlinson's top bins shot at the end of the first half (brilliantly saved by their keeper), the ghost goal (terrible by their keeper) and our shot straight at their keeper from 2 yards out at the end of the game were all better chances than they mustered (bar the goal from a corner).

They weren't the better team imo and the stats back that up.
The ref was shit for both teams, as they always are in L2.

I think they are very narrow mindedly focussing on those two period where they had several chances (and missed)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:31 pm 

Oakeedokee wrote:
Quote:

Hope we never have a soulless stadium like them

Did someone here say they would creat a bingo board for the View FTOS comments?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:17 pm 

AB4 wrote:
I can only assume their view of a dominant performance was because it was much better than their other away games.

If you look at the stats, we had more of the ball, they had more shots in total and we both had the same amount of shots on target. That is with us having 1 less player for 18 mins.

Tomlinson's top bins shot at the end of the first half (brilliantly saved by their keeper), the ghost goal (terrible by their keeper) and our shot straight at their keeper from 2 yards out at the end of the game were all better chances than they mustered (bar the goal from a corner).

They weren't the better team imo and the stats back that up.
The ref was shit for both teams, as they always are in L2.

Wrexham had a gilt edged chance in the second half when Marriott was through on goal. Still, a draw was a fair result on the balance of play.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:33 pm 

Leighton wrote:
Oakeedokee wrote:
Quote:

Hope we never have a soulless stadium like them

Did someone here say they would creat a bingo board for the View FTOS comments?

I might have tipsily suggested it some time ago :? Or it could be someone else. :D

And just to respond to the comment by saying (I know, I know, I've said it before and notwithstanding the poor service etc at SMK) I have had my fill of 'proper grounds' over the years. Sitting in the cold/rain on a broken plastic seat. Having an impeded view. Peeing in stinking overflowing toilets, drinking tea that makes ours taste like 'the finest Assam', spending ages trying to get away. etc. But hey, no matter they can proudly claim they have "a proper stadium".
(Thanks for the money and now....) F- Off back to it. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:54 am 

I enjoyed watching the game again in full. I can see why they felt they dominated the game - they were much more physical than us; beating us to the second ball more often. But, for all that, they couldn’t score so that was woeful of them.

Lewington’s stamp was 60/40 a straight red. Looked probably deliberate - cannot be defended if the case. However, their player deliberately kneed Harvie in the ribs - violent conduct so that cancels out Lewington’s luck.

Possibly a penalty by Harvie who had his arm around their player’s neck (the one who retaliated). But if that’s given in the current climate we should’ve had numerous penalties all season.

On balance they deserved to lose not win.

I thought their commentary was the most partisan and deluded I’ve ever heard. It was like a feed for the Disney channel. For the new Wrexham hangers-on, you can see why the delusion is spreading.