THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 1:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:05 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
1-1, which I think is a fair result. Sometimes I though the game was drab, at other times I thought it was a great advert for League 2. Can't argue that it had a bit of everything.

Genuinely think the ball was over the line and that goal-line technloglgy has failed. It happened before in a premier league game where the ball was close to the post and the exact same has happened tonight.

Highly doubt Lewington's ban will just be 1 game. He'll get an extra charge, as he's clearly said something very bad.

Huh, what goal line technology?

I thought all EFL leagues have it now?

Yup, sorry I'm wrong. Only Prem and Champ. Thought the EFL had it in League 1 and 2 for years. Blimey.

Well then, absolutely horrific decision from the officials.

Mental isn’t it. Can’t cost the EFL much to fund it either.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:07 pm 

Whilst i like the style of football mike williamson makes some truly baffling substitutions and lineup decisions.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:08 pm 

Point was fair.

Except it wasn't. But it kinda was.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:09 pm 

Fuck me, I'd convinced myself that it was a technology howler and there wasn't anything we can do. Ref is never, ever going to overule his watch so I didn't get too worked up about it.

Now knowing the decision is made on the field by the officials, I cannot quite believe how they have watched that and not given it? It probably went over the line anyway, but then the keeper slides his knee over it and pushes it beyond the post. Demotion needed for both the ref and lino.

Notts County had an extremely controversial goal ruled out against Wrexham on Saturday too. I'll say its a coincidence for now, but its not looking good on the league.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:11 pm 

We were robbed.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:12 pm 

Tough game, physically and mentally, done well to get back into after conceding first, lovely goal from Kemp, looked like their keeper spilled it over the line, but the fucking useless officials couldn’t make the correct decision, think Lewie blew his top at the ref hence the straight red.

Kelly was great, Cam Norman just isn’t a wing back and Matt Dennis might be better at cricket, he’s not a footballer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:15 pm 

Not only did the ref and lino fail to give that, they then topped it off with a red for Lewington. Wrexham have gotten away with murder tonight.

Although it was an even game, at the end of the day their keeper has kept them in it with some great saves and the ref has ensured they go home with a point helping said keeper after a howler.

Last edited by East Wing Don on Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:15 pm 

Norman isn’t a wing back but he is a very brave (and good) defender. I think his inclusion alongside Lewie was tactical to counter the physicality of some of Wrexham’s forwards and McLean. Norman really commits to defending which is how he ended up hurt tonight but his intervention almost definitely prevented a goal. Can’t ask for more from a player tbh.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:16 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Not only did the ref and lino fail to give that, they then topped it off with a red for Lewington. Wrexham have gotten away with murder tonight.

Lewie should have been sent off in the first half for a blatant stamp so just ref correcting his earlier error tbf.

Stadium MK is always SHITE in the Playoffs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:17 pm 

Ormeau wrote:
Norman isn’t a wing back but he is a very brave (and good) defender. I think his inclusion alongside Lewie was tactical to counter the physicality of some of Wrexham’s forwards and McLean. Norman really commits to defending which is how he ended up hurt tonight but his intervention almost definitely prevented a goal. Can’t ask for more from a player tbh.

Norman is great in back three and yes he’s good at defending, but he’s wasted playing as a wing back

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next