THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:54 pm 

Quote:
We haven't beaten this lot at home since 2012

Quote:
Was wondering if that was the game we disgracefully let them wear red here while we wore our third kit, but that was a 1-1 draw in 2009.

Quote:
We wore black didn’t we. It was a special LC anniversary kit but was black and teal.

From memory: we wanted to wear white for the LC anniversary (as we wore white at Wembley) so as (un)luck would have it. The game closest to the date just so happened to be against a team who plays in white.

So we had to ask their permission to wear white at home and they refused.

Then to add to the Ladybit factor they didn’t even wear their white kit - they wore red whilst we wore black

Scandalous

Quote:
And they wonder why people hate them!

Quote:
If they had come up through the leagues they wouldn’t have been disliked

Quote:
just when you thought they couldn't be any more unlikeable...

Quote:
Franchise fans reckon they'll bring 500 to 600, poor really.

Quote:
Those with a plastic allergy please take care.

Quote:
I hope Kemp plays - according to Bradford fans he ambled about looking utterly disinterested.

Quote:
I hope Kemp doesn't play. Because he's still the best player in the league.

Quote:
Not at MK he isn’t.

Quote:
A player is only as good as his teammates, at Swindon all our play was dictated to by him so looked good, at MK he also has Gilbey, Robson, Bate and Payne in midfield who all try to dictate the run of play.

They have played Kemp wide left, wide right, attacking midfield and as an out and out striker so far with very little success, they are trying to squeeze in a very square peg into a very round hole and so far have yet to find a role that he is suited to playing.

Hes an obvious talent but if his mind is not in the game as we know he does go awol in games, he has to be the hub of the play, at MK he is not that.

If he does play today then hopefully his head is not in the game against the team he really enjoyed playing for rather than the one he currently plays for and against teammates who he considers to be mates.

Quote:
Looks a decent turnout from Franchise.

Quote:
Do we practice defending at all?

Quote:
First team with any quality on the ball we’ve played in the last 5 or 6 games and they rip us part with a lot of help from our ‘defence’.

Quote:
How many did Mansfield score last week? MK might beat it!

Quote:
Too many happy clappers who accept this shit show of a club

Stop buying ST and tickets starve him out

How anyone can rate a group of defenders who have conceded on average 2 per game this season is beyond me

Quote:
We're trying to play a fairly similar game to them and they're just quite a lot better at it than us. I can see how a physical side would knock them off their game but that isn't us.

Quote:
Every time they get possession in our half they look like opening us up. Defence and midfield when not in possession may as well not exist.

Quote:
Franchise are the side that we’ve tried and failed to create. Good, expansive football and saleable assets to sell on and reinvest

Quote:
And able to get their fringe players out on loan at a good level...

Quote:
Well, that started badly and got quickly worse. It's 'improved' after the second goal, but mostly because MK are happy to hold us at arm's length and conserve energy. We look desperately poor from 1-11, and the pitch isn't helping (although the only way it might help is if a sink hole appears and sucks the whole side into it).

Quote:
can we get back in this? yes
do mk look like they might score every time they go forward?. also yes.

our attack is built on sand

Quote:
MK look so dangerous every time they come forward.

Quote:
MKD look quite poor TBF, we look fast in attack but poor in end product, defence looks poor today, poorer than norma

Quote:
mk movement up front is killing us, and they have the players behind to find them in space

Quote:
Well, if ever a half of football should have been recorded and used as future evidence in the case against the club to show how badly everyone had fucked everything up, that was it.

Visually, just look at their bench, and then ours. They can't even fit in theirs, whereas we'd need blankets to keep our team warm there are so few of them. How we can hope to develop players, systems, shape etc. when we have one Coach, a GK Coach and an analyst is beyond me.

Quote:
Poverty performance by a poverty club.

Quote:
On the bright side, the pitch should recover quickly with this much manure on it.

Quote:
Playing worst this half than the first if that was possible. They are starting to create a lot.

Quote:
We can’t even get on the ball now, this second half so far is one of the worst of the season.

Quote:
We are quite lucky that MK are almost as shit and wasteful as we are, but a little less shit in attack and a fair bit less shit in defence.

Quote:
They could have had two pens and us two red cards, ref definitely hasn't been good but it's definitely not been to our detriment!

I'd say we were clueless but we're not that good.

Quote:
Stockport losing 4-0. I would say a good sign but MK lost 4-0 last game and they couldn't look more comfortable if they opened a cigar case.

Quote:
Where the fuck this has come from I don't know but MK look absolutely on the ropes all of a sudden

Quote:
Someone bundle McKirdy away from the ref for fuck's sake. Just one brain cell, it's all I ask.

Quote:
What the fuck was going on with Kokolo and their RB for the last 2 mins of the game - looked like WWF

Quote:
Did we miss Dawson Devoy that much? Poor performance, at least we are scoring late rather than conceding.

Quote:
Well, the midfield was good on Tuesday and not good today,so you could say yes we did miss Devoy

Quote:
I'm a bit embarrassed really, the usual banter with the away fans went out the window. I should be past this shit, but these ladybits wind me up as they are a nothing club who have done fuck all in their 20 year history. Even the twat who offered me out was being apologetic at the end. Pussy.

Quote:
They looked more drilled. First to everything was the difference. Football is so simple sometimes

Quote:
The dongs did one simple thing that we’ve been incapable of, all season.

Defend.

Quote:

Any professional outfit needs more than a caretaker manager, GK coach and analyst for an extended period of time.

Rob T pointed out the contrast in the two benches today - theirs was stuffed with staff.

According to Wiki MK have a Sporting Director, Performance Director, Head Coach, Assistant, First Head Coach, Goalkeeping Coach, Strength and Conditioning Coach, Head of Rehabilitation, First Team Physiotherapist, Head Of Performance Analysis, Lead First-Team Performance Analyst, Head of Technical Scouting & a Data Scientist.

We have Gav, Mildy, Liam McCartan & Jamie Russell. And presumably a Physio.

On a related note, I couldn't help but laugh at our staff list on Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swindon_Town_F.C.

Quote:
Dongs fans all gob in the ground, disappeared outside.

"Stole a club, and you're still league 2" chant made me chuckle

Quote:
Gave dongs far too much credit today, they looked no better than Barrow. We just didn't turn up today. Those plastic fuckers are going nowhere.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:11 pm 

Love how their mood changed……pre-match giving it large…..and then steadily the tears started to flow.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:47 pm 

Thanks for maximum points, again. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:49 pm 

Scandalous that one them claimed to have had a chant, it certainly wasn't audible at our end. Oh and how they aren't all deaf listening to that annoy every other week is a mystery.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:20 pm 

WellDon wrote:
Love how their mood changed……pre-match giving it large…..and then steadily the tears started to flow.

Totally agree. Except the reference to 'tears'. I'd describe it as 'an unstoppably bitter torrent'. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:48 pm 

Oakeedokee wrote:
Quote:
I'm a bit embarrassed really, the usual banter with the away fans went out the window. I should be past this shit, but these ladybits wind me up as they are a nothing club who have done fuck all in their 20 year history. Even the twat who offered me out was being apologetic at the end. Pussy.

This is magical. Can I vote for a Swindon fan as post of the year on here??

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:48 am 

Yes it was me who offered that Swindon fan out. I could see he was a bitter, small man - he was around 55 years old, a belly that reflected a lifetime of oven chips,wagon wheels and pints of cooking lager in single storey red brick boozers on the sink estates of Swindon. He was wearing a stone island jumper and a baseball cap albeit I don’t think he was a baseball player of any note.

It can’t be easy watching Swindon- a terrible team we have swatted aside twice this season as easily as a slow and fattened end of season fly. Their stadium is a ramshackled old shanty of a thing, decaying as badly as the rest of the club, I wouldn’t even step inside the place for free if I were a Swindon fan.

So in sympathy I offered him out- by which I meant next time they are in MK I will bring him into club red so he can utilise the 4 star hotel bar and the toilets with Crabtree hand wash. Afterwards we would go to the marco Pierre white restaurant in the stadium and share a coupe of bottles of agreeable pinot noir and a slab of beef each. In between of course he could watch our team play proper passing, winning football spearheaded by his all time footballing hero Dan Kemp.

He obviously has a different view of what ‘ offering out’ means- I did hear football before 2004 attracted an uncouth crowd who liked to fight, it is pleasing we do not have this legacy of mindless violence scarring our club as Swindon do. He was pointing at me a lot and jumping up and down so I thought he was excited about our future MK date. It’s sad to see how his attitude has changed now he is hiding behind the internet.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:34 pm 

Zen wrote:
Yes it was me who offered that Swindon fan out. I could see he was a bitter, small man - he was around 55 years old, a belly that reflected a lifetime of oven chips,wagon wheels and pints of cooking lager in single storey red brick boozers on the sink estates of Swindon. He was wearing a stone island jumper and a baseball cap albeit I don’t think he was a baseball player of any note.

It can’t be easy watching Swindon- a terrible team we have swatted aside twice this season as easily as a slow and fattened end of season fly. Their stadium is a ramshackled old shanty of a thing, decaying as badly as the rest of the club, I wouldn’t even step inside the place for free if I were a Swindon fan.

So in sympathy I offered him out- by which I meant next time they are in MK I will bring him into club red so he can utilise the 4 star hotel bar and the toilets with Crabtree hand wash. Afterwards we would go to the marco Pierre white restaurant in the stadium and share a coupe of bottles of agreeable pinot noir and a slab of beef each. In between of course he could watch our team play proper passing, winning football spearheaded by his all time footballing hero Dan Kemp.

He obviously has a different view of what ‘ offering out’ means- I did hear football before 2004 attracted an uncouth crowd who liked to fight, it is pleasing we do not have this legacy of mindless violence scarring our club as Swindon do. He was pointing at me a lot and jumping up and down so I thought he was excited about our future MK date. It’s sad to see how his attitude has changed now he is hiding behind the internet.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:42 pm 

Zen wrote:

OK, cards on table here. I'm actually a Swindon fan. F- the franchise.
But... I am prepared to be bought a seat in Club Red and some (several bottles of) wine next time. I may take some 'convincing' so can we have a few beers (at your expense) beforehand? Oh, I'm a veggie - so not the beef please.
Lookin forward to it!!!!!
Just PM me.

If you are up for it on Saturday, I'm also a Newport fan.