THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:18 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Wearne, Bate, Kemp, Harvie and O’Hora were very good today.

Thought Tomlinson was poor, especially by his high standards. Crossing, shooting and passing well below par. Been one of, if not our best player this season but going through a bit if a dip in form.

Tomlinson's shooting was particularly shocking.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:08 pm 

RedOnRed wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Wearne, Bate, Kemp, Harvie and O’Hora were very good today.

Thought Tomlinson was poor, especially by his high standards. Crossing, shooting and passing well below par. Been one of, if not our best player this season but going through a bit if a dip in form.

Tomlinson's shooting was particularly shocking.

Try saying that after a drink....
Oh, and BTW there's a nice bit of 'grumbling' on their (difficult to get on with) fans' forum (all hail The Great Sphere) and an encouraging use of the f word which has been a bit lacking from recent comments.
Still f 'em; we've taken 6 points off them and put 5 past them this season. :D

Their manager just tells it like it is/was. All credit to him:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vwoEcyNv-w

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:40 pm 

I have to say the County Ground was one of the most run down tired looking grounds I have seen in a long while. Seats that were broken or untouched for decades, sponsorship boards broken, places needing a good jet wash. I know we are spoilt, but I think the place could do with a lick of paint and TLC.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:04 pm 

Interestingly the key stats on the BBC site indicate a pretty even game, but that wasn't really my take on it. Some good performances out there today, perhaps undermined by the the lack of a third and making it a nervous last few minutes. I felt we could have gone up a gear today if required and if some of our decision making was a bit more slick, we could have had a couple more. There were a few occasions today where Kemp and Payne should have put their foot through it but looked for the killer pass. To be expected in a MW team, but there's a balance, particularly when long range shooting is a strength of Kemp and Paynes game. Would have felt like an injustice if we hadn't got all 3 points.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:41 pm 

BuckDon wrote:
I have to say the County Ground was one of the most run down tired looking grounds I have seen in a long while. Seats that were broken or untouched for decades, sponsorship boards broken, places needing a good jet wash. I know we are spoilt, but I think the place could do with a lick of paint and TLC.

Are you sure you weren't on The Lakes Estate?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:25 am 

I like The County Ground.

There's a reason why I've been almost every time we've played there since my first visit in 2009 - because it generates a good atmosphere and it is old school.

It's looking tired, but it's still a proper ground and one I'd not complain at watching football in every week if I were a Swindon fan.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:18 am 

Alby39 wrote:

There's a reason why I've been almost every time we've played there since my first visit in 2009 - because it generates a good atmosphere and it is old school.

It's looking tired, but it's still a proper ground and one I'd not complain at watching football in every week if I were a Swindon fan.

Perhaps you would feel at home at Kenilworth Road. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:36 am 

donmentor wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

I'm also a heavy defender of that particular ground. We should cherish them whilst we have them

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:37 am 

Alby39 wrote:
donmentor wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

I'm also a heavy defender of that particular ground. We should cherish them whilst we have them

I didn't mind the ground. The section behind one of the goals looked derelict but the rest was OK and they had a decent attendance for L2.
My only gripe was having to pay £27 for a seat with a restricted view of one of the goals. Plus £11 for an u18. Most grounds aren't that expensive

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7