THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:14 pm 

First half was shockingly bad, like GA was back in control type bad, long balls aimed at the giant Kemp, very little passing and moving, just bloody awful, second half didn’t start that great either, but something eventually clicked and things started to happen, terrific free kick from Payne and a very welcome late, late winner from Tomlinson, a game we would probably not have won earlier this season

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:15 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Comically bad first half against a bunch of shitbags. Awful ref. Kemp continues to annoy me.

But the substitutions made a real difference. Cracking free kick (shades of Twine!) for our first. And winning it with a deflected goal in time added on was great; Accy fans will have been really pissed off. :lol: That cheered me up no end.

I like the look of Bate. And I'm warming to Harrison who did a great job with the unglamorous but essential work. Nat Lofthouse had his best game for us I reckon. And kudos to the back three, especially MJ.

Agree except the back three shouldn't have allowed the Accy player to shoot for goal.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:28 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Leighton wrote:
Just got home after leaving at 83 minutes.....that'll teach me

Never leave early.

Yep......I blame my moaning children

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:30 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Leighton wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
Oakeedokee wrote:
CleanDon wrote:
We're winning this late.

you called it!!

It was so obvious , really awful performance but steal it late.

I really don't want to ever watch thier goal on a replay ever

Such a woeful first half....and the atmosphere reflected it

Better second half until I left!

Why don't you want to see a replay of their goal? Oddly it was quite similar to our winner both players allowed to wander inside and have a pot shot, both shots clipped a heel leaving the keepers with no chance.

I haven't seen our winner....we were walking past Asda when we heard the cheer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:30 pm 

Leighton wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Leighton wrote:

Never leave early.

Sell them for medical experiments, pocket the cash and enjoy the game in peace.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:34 pm 

Their goal looked savable to me. That sort of error prone goalkeeping resonates through the side in a very bad way.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:38 pm 

Wow what a turn around that was.

We were truly hopeless in that first half. Kemp looked slow up there and was beaten in a foot race by their defence 2 or 3 times. Robson had a shocker, our passing was terrible and the goalie looked like he had never played football before:

The subs changed the game. Harrison missed a good chance but was excellent. Wearne looks a very good player - he has a good touch, is direct and physical. Bate was excellent again.

If we can keep Harrison and Wearne fit , never play that insane line up in the first half , keep Payne deep and get some confidence in the keeper we should be ok for playoffs.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:48 pm 

Big, big win that. Not pretty, and certainly not a great performance but to somehow drag ourselves out of that with 3 points shows just how far we've come. This squad is full of belief right now.

Kemp worked his socks off but really struggled to have any impact up against their defence. It was clear for a long time that Harrison was needed so that we could hold the ball up and start creating more. I'm pretty sure Williamson would have been told that Harrison was only fit enough for half an hour or so, otherwise he would have come on sooner I'm sure. I'm not going to write off Kemp as a makeshift centre forward just yet, but today clearly just wasn't the right type of game for him to play that role. Their centre backs were very physical and he just couldn't cope with their aggressive defending. Probably think it's for the best if Harrison starts up top at Bradford (although it would be amusing if Kemp got the winner against the manager that wrote him off and sent him out on loan).

Wearne was excellent when he came on and Payne's free kick was almost Twine-esque. With Barrow and Wrexham losing those points become even more valuable. Not the prettiest or the most memorable of afternoon's, but a massive, massive win.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:52 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Leighton wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Leighton wrote:

Never leave early.

Sell them for medical experiments, pocket the cash and enjoy the game in peace.

If only Keyser..........the Woke-eratti would probably accuse me of poor parenting or something

The golden age of parenting was the 1970s

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:52 pm 

Zen wrote:
Wow what a turn around that was.

We were truly hopeless in that first half. Kemp looked slow up there and was beaten in a foot race by their defence 2 or 3 times. Robson had a shocker, our passing was terrible and the goalie looked like he had never played football before:

The subs changed the game. Harrison missed a good chance but was excellent. Wearne looks a very good player - he has a good touch, is direct and physical. Bate was excellent again.

If we can keep Harrison and Wearne fit , never play that insane line up in the first half , keep Payne deep and get some confidence in the keeper we should be ok for playoffs.

From what I saw Kemp was faster than their defenders. However, for whatever reason the False Nine formation didn't work, especially with the keeper kicking the ball to him. I fear Kemp will always be an enigma in a Don's shirt.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next