THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:11 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Comically bad first half against a bunch of shitbags. Awful ref. Kemp continues to annoy me.

But the substitutions made a real difference. Cracking free kick (shades of Twine!) for our first. And winning it with a deflected goal in time added on was great; Accy fans will have been really pissed off. :lol: That cheered me up no end.

I like the look of Bate. And I'm warming to Harrison who did a great job with the unglamorous but essential work. Nat Lofthouse had his best game for us I reckon. And kudos to the back three, especially MJ.

I was just about to post all that. Honest....
At least it proves I read the thread! :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:12 pm 

RedOnRed wrote:
Their goal looked savable to me. That sort of error prone goalkeeping resonates through the side in a very bad way.

It looked a very soft goal but I only saw it live and not on replay yet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:22 pm 

Probably the worst 45 minutes of our season so far. Nothing was clicking, we looked slow, devoid of any ideas and our passing was dreadful.

Kemp up front just didn’t work and neither did the back 3. Hope to god O’Hora is back for Tuesday because I don’t want to see Williams in the center again or Lewington playing RCB.

I suspect neither Norman or Harrison had been given the go ahead to start due to recent injuries.

The improvement once Harrison and Wearne came on was significant. Wearne looks very good on the ball and offered us way more structure. Also allowed Payne to move back to CDM where he is far more effective.

I think Kemp will be dropped for Wearne soon. Not based on today because he was played out of position but from what I’ve seen, Wearne suits our style better.

I also probably would have subbed Bate off over Robson, but there you go

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:31 pm 

I counted about 65 of them up in the rafters. Our groan at the goal was louder than their cheers.

Just been on their fans' website and I don't think we are potentially in for a massive VFTOS. There are 7 posts in total on there at the moment.

No mention of 'franchise/soulless etc' - mind you if you live in Accrington....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:34 pm 

Leighton wrote:
RedOnRed wrote:
Their goal looked savable to me. That sort of error prone goalkeeping resonates through the side in a very bad way.

I genuinely thought the keeper was leaving it as he thought it was going round the post.

Not watched it back yet but if it did indeed take a deflection then I hold my hands us to him.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:49 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:

:shock:

Robson was anonymous. Bate was good.

Obvs only my opinion (but I'm right :lol: ).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:55 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Leighton wrote:
RedOnRed wrote:

I genuinely thought the keeper was leaving it as he thought it was going round the post.

Not watched it back yet but if it did indeed take a deflection then I hold my hands us to him.

Could have been a leave I suppose.

Still....Philip with an F had a poor game again

Hope MW's trust in him pays dividends

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:20 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Probably the worst 45 minutes of our season so far. Nothing was clicking, we looked slow, devoid of any ideas and our passing was dreadful.

Kemp up front just didn’t work and neither did the back 3. Hope to god O’Hora is back for Tuesday because I don’t want to see Williams in the center again or Lewington playing RCB.

I suspect neither Norman or Harrison had been given the go ahead to start due to recent injuries.

The improvement once Harrison and Wearne came on was significant. Wearne looks very good on the ball and offered us way more structure. Also allowed Payne to move back to CDM where he is far more effective.

I think Kemp will be dropped for Wearne soon. Not based on today because he was played out of position but from what I’ve seen, Wearne suits our style better.

Funny how two people watch the same match and reach totally opposite opinions about players. I thought William's was excellent, barely put a foot wrong

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:25 pm 

Oakeedokee wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

Funny how two people watch the same match and reach totally opposite opinions about players. I thought William's was excellent, barely put a foot wrong

Got the lowest rating out of the back 3 according to Futmob, which I know doesn’t always mean much but I thought his distribution was really poor.

Some bizarre passes straight out of play and just struggled in general with breaking the press.

I thought him playing there today just showed how good O’Hora is.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:44 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Oakeedokee wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

Got the lowest rating out of the back 3 according to Futmob, which I know doesn’t always mean much but I thought his distribution was really poor.

Some bizarre passes straight out of play and just struggled in general with breaking the press.

I thought him playing there today just showed how good O’Hora is.

Marshall's and Lewie's were lower according to whoscored

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/17330 ... Accrington

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next