THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Live - Barrow
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:43 pm 

Both teams been absolutely wank in my opinion. Neither deserve to be winning

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:44 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
A great turnaround undone by 1 dismantling transfer sindow that didnt need to happen. Just needed to get through tobthe rnd of the season doing shat we had been doing and what worked.

Instead we got rid of all our depth. Changed the gk. Brought in inexperience, levels below and dhipped out experience, levels above.

Whay a complete fuck up that didnt need to happen.

We are now down to 1 18 year old striker at one end and axrookie in goal at the opposite end.

We are fucked.

Although extreme I do agree. Awful window, only reason I can see the loans out is because we are in trouble financially

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:48 pm 

Maybe if the matchday experience hadnt been diluted, sanitised, sterilised and hollowed out with zero catering refreshments worth paying for and an offbrand sportswear shop we dont run in place of our own clubshop we might have more matchday revenue. That and not having to sack so many poor managerial decisions for payouts.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:49 pm 

Tezgel has had 2 touches since coming on

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:54 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
Maybe if the matchday experience hadnt been diluted, sanitised, sterilised and hollowed out with zero catering refreshments worth paying for and an offbrand sportswear shop we dont run in place of our own clubshop we might have more matchday revenue. That and not having to sack so many poor managerial decisions for payouts.

Who is to blame

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:01 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
A great turnaround undone by 1 dismantling transfer sindow that didnt need to happen. Just needed to get through tobthe rnd of the season doing shat we had been doing and what worked.

Instead we got rid of all our depth. Changed the gk. Brought in inexperience, levels below and dhipped out experience, levels above.

Whay a complete fuck up that didnt need to happen.

We are now down to 1 18 year old striker at one end and axrookie in goal at the opposite end.

We are fucked.

Time will tell but I mostly agree with this.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:01 pm 

It's going to be very easy to have a hissy fit after an afternoon like this. We've lost ground on the autos, but we're still comfortably in the playoffs. Our away form hasn't been the greatest, and they are a decent side. They're third for a reason. I don't know when Dean got injured but I don't imagine we had long to work on our new gameplan on the training ground. It's disappointing and I feel sorry for those who made the very, very long trip, but I'm not panicking too much just yet.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:05 pm 

At least it means that BCS will be on the forum this evening.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:06 pm 

Everything was bad about that.

Ulverston Young Farmers versus Bletchley Young Farmers playing in the pig pen.

Terrible pitch. Terrible ref. Found fouls that weren't and let them go when they were. Between them, they made any football impossible.

Add some of the worst individual performances from players - front to back - who were so lethargic and reluctant, plus some very questionable tactics from our coaching team.

Lewington is looking every day of his age. No idea why Harvie came off and he stayed on - he didn't provide any leadership. Time to drop him to the bench.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:10 pm 

Pseudonym wrote:
Everything was bad about that.

Ulverston Young Farmers versus Bletchley Young Farmers playing in the pig pen.

Terrible pitch. Terrible ref. Found fouls that weren't and let them go when they were. Between them, they made any football impossible.

Add some of the worst individual performances from players - front to back - who were so lethargic and reluctant, plus some very questionable tactics from our coaching team.

Lewington is looking every day of his age. No idea why Harvie came off and he stayed on - he didn't provide any leadership. Time to drop him to to the bench.

I'm good friends with a Notts County fan who warned me what it would be like today. They played Barrow last week, and he pretty much said everything that you've said there. That's obviously the way they play, and it seems to be working for them but I can't think of many worse things to do with my Saturday afternoons than watch that every week.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next