THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:00 pm 

Ormeau wrote:
What the fuck was GA doing with Tomlinson? He is a superb player at this level. A constant threat and good with both feet.

Too good for this league. Best player in the team. Unreal again tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:03 pm 

What a weird watch. 30 minutes of pure joy following by 30 minutes of anxiety and concern, then boredom. Job done, that is all that really matters against that lot.

Whilst I backed the keeper last game, it is getting a bit concerning. A clean sheet today would have been great for him.

I have to say though, Kemp really needs to start taking those chances that are cut back to him. Happy he finally got his first goal for us, but we should have been 4-0 up before their unnecessary goal.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:04 pm 

Some really good performances tonight

Mr Gilbey was fantastic - our left side attacking play was wonderful!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:05 pm 

Fantastic night - home now with a very happy son and a sore throat.

Shame we didnt turn the screw to get a 4th or 5th, but I get it and they managed the game so well.

Payne was superb I thought. Kemp and Robson a bit anonymous (goal aside of course!!). Tomlinson spent almost the whole game in acres and acres of space on the left. And lovely to wave off two AFC players after red cards!

Only downsides were the finishing in the second half, and the new keeper. But fuck it - COYD!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:09 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:
I have to say though, Kemp really needs to start taking those chances that are cut back to him. Happy he finally got his first goal for us, but we should have been 4-0 up before their unnecessary goal.

He’s improving at least. First 2 games he skied them but tonight he hit the target. Its only logical that on Saturday he hits the back of the net.

Kemp definitely not the only one guilty of missing chances tonight. Dean, Harrison, Gilbey, Payne and others all should be doing better. Hard to complain when we scored 3 goals but it could have been double figures.

AFC probably the poorest side we’ve played all season, however our passing at times was exceptional.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:12 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Fantastic night - home now with a very happy son and a sore throat.

Shame we didnt turn the screw to get a 4th or 5th, but I get it and they managed the game so well.

Payne was superb I thought. Kemp and Robson a bit anonymous (goal aside of course!!). Tomlinson spent almost the whole game in acres and acres of space on the left. And lovely to wave off two AFC players after red cards!

Only downsides were the finishing in the second half, and the new keeper. But fuck it - COYD!!!!

Agreed, great performance and I thought the cowshed were in fine voice too.

My night ended with Ronnie Sandford turning to help us with a fallen tree. Might have a chance at being first choice too, as the the only downside was the keeper doing little to settle my nerves.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:25 am 

AFC brought on a player that they hadn't named on the bench and no word from them on someone being injured in the warm up and a replacement coming in.

Slap them with biggest points deduction and fine in history.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:39 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
AFC brought on a player that they hadn't named on the bench and no word from them on someone being injured in the warm up and a replacement coming in.

Well spotted. Ogundere wasn't a named sub... and no mention of an injury before KO?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:46 am 

paul4040 wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

Well spotted. Ogundere wasn't a named sub... and no mention of an injury before KO?

Nothing. Wasn't included on the official team sheet or twitter post. No mention of any injury. Wonder if it'll get looked into.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:14 am 

Team sheet changes can happen after being submitted, I seem to remember that the a request is made to the referee which they can approve and inform the other team, incredibly unlikely any rules have been contravened.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next