THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:52 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:37 am 

Who's going to be our 2 keepers?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:03 pm 

Wouldn't be surprised to see Kelly in goal for this one. Not sure how many sessions Marschall will have had.

Morecambe have made a few signings this week, which makes them a bit of an unknown. Brandon Barker could be a top signing if he rediscovers some form. Ged Garner hasn't lived up to expectations at Barrow but has another chance with Morecambe. Gwion Edwards is also a great signing for them. They've also added a few young loans.

Don't think Morecambe will stand off us like Tranmere did, so we'll need to be smart playing out from the press and whoever is in goal will be under significantly more pressure (Tranmere made it very easy).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:08 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Wouldn't be surprised to see Kelly in goal for this one. Not sure how many sessions Marschall will have had.

Morecambe have made a few signings this week, which makes them a bit of an unknown. Brandon Barker could be a top signing if he rediscovers some form. Ged Garner hasn't lived up to expectations at Barrow but has another chance with Morecambe. Gwion Edwards is also a great signing for them. They've also added a few young loans.

Don't think Morecambe will stand off us like Tranmere did, so we'll need to be smart playing out from the press and whoever is in goal will be under significantly more pressure (Tranmere made it very easy).

I’ve mused over this, Kelly is only here for less than two weeks, personally I’d like to see the new boy tomorrow, I certainly wouldn’t want to see him debut against you know who.
So if Kelly starts tomorrow, and I was picking the team he would start on Tuesday as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:39 pm 

Marschall
Lewie
Woz
Norman
Tomlinson
Payne
Williams
Lofthouse
Kemp
Gilbey
Harrison

Controversial but I think Ellis deserves it

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:57 pm 

WellDon wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

I’ve mused over this, Kelly is only here for less than two weeks, personally I’d like to see the new boy tomorrow, I certainly wouldn’t want to see him debut against you know who.
So if Kelly starts tomorrow, and I was picking the team he would start on Tuesday as well.

V good point.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:25 pm 

WellDon wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

That is a great shout. Also just saw that AFC's game tomorrow is called off so they'll have more time to prepare and bed their new players in at training

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:33 pm 

AB4 wrote:
WellDon wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

That is a great shout. Also just saw that AFC's game tomorrow is called off so they'll have more time to prepare and bed their new players in at training

They've just signed Ronan Curtis until the end of the season. Very good signing that.

I don't expect anything less than a win Saturday. Our form is good, players slowly coming back. The momentum is building. Surely Keysers bloody train is getting serviced and fueled up ready for promotion?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:39 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Marschall
Lewie
Woz
Norman
Tomlinson
Payne
Williams
Lofthouse
Kemp
Gilbey
Harrison

Agree that Harrison deserves a start but I don’t think we’re quite there yet. Despite Dean’s minor draught, I don’t think he deserves to be dropped yet. Harrison is also proving to be a great option off the bench.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:43 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Marschall
Lewie
Woz
Norman
Tomlinson
Payne
Williams
Lofthouse
Kemp
Gilbey
Harrison

Agree that Harrison deserves a start but I don’t think we’re quite there yet. Despite Dean’s minor draught, I don’t think he deserves to be dropped yet. Harrison is also proving to be a great option off the bench.

I’ll drink to that…..cough.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:05 pm 

They usually bring a pitiful following. Let’s home Morecambe this time.