THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:10 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:17 pm 

Quote:
Good of the referee to keep on playing until they scored at the end there. The corner was taken after added time had finished and cleared twice but still he played on deciding to finally blow up after the goal and as we restarted the game. In fairness to MK Dons though, they looked about two leagues higher than us.

It continues to blow my mind that football fans struggle to understand the term 'minimum' .

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:10 pm 

Gers wrote:
I'm of the opinion that Dean should be suspended for that. You can't be doing nonsense like that. Bringing the club into disrepute. Three games would suffice for me.

I'm lookin' forward to seeing him 'speak nicely' to our afc friends.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:02 pm 

It's not clever to throw water or whatever, he should celebrate with his team and at most a cupped ear or something.
He's from that neck of the woods and an Evertonian, it'd have meant a lot but there's ways of handling ones self.

An internal fine is probably fair but even then a slap on the wrist

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:15 pm 

Will be interesting to see what, if anything, made it into the referee's report in terms of any further action. Dean is a young lad, hopefully an arm around his shoulder should help him learn from the experience.

You can take the boy out of Dirty Leeds, but you can't take the Dirty Leeds out of the boy!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:26 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Gers wrote:
I'm of the opinion that Dean should be suspended for that. You can't be doing nonsense like that. Bringing the club into disrepute. Three games would suffice for me.

A 3 game ban for giving it back to the fans that have abused you all game? :lol: Give over

Professionals have to rise above it....they are paid to

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:12 pm 

Leighton wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Gers wrote:

A 3 game ban for giving it back to the fans that have abused you all game? :lol: Give over

If you were sat in front of someone giving you abuse for what 15-20 minutes and then we win the game with the last kick I think emotions would get the better of you. He is a 19 year old human not a bloody robot.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:27 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Leighton wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Gers wrote:

If you were sat in front of someone giving you abuse for what 15-20 minutes and then we win the game with the last kick I think emotions would get the better of you. He is a 19 year old human not a bloody robot.

If I were a professional footballer I would understand that I couldn't afford to let it get the better of me

There are lots of jobs where professional conduct in the face of unreasonable behaviour is expected. He can like all footballers report abuse to stewards

If nothing else he has indicated to all future opposing crowds he can be got to

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:54 pm 

Leighton wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Leighton wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Gers wrote:

If I were a professional footballer I would understand that I couldn't afford to let it get the better of me

There are lots of jobs where professional conduct in the face of unreasonable behaviour is expected. He can like all footballers report abuse to stewards

If nothing else he has indicated to all future opposing crowds he can be got to

I think this is all being massively blown out of proportion. He goaded the fans after receiving abuse (and we know this abuse wouldn't have been light-hearted). He didn't do a Cantona and kung-fu kick a fan.

It doesn't matter if you're a Premier League player on £1mil a week. Tensions run high in football at the best of times, let alone when you score a last minute winner. We've had many a player celebrate in front of us, even when we've not been giving them abuse.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:10 pm 

If he's unable to control himself we'd be better off getting rid of him while we can. There's no place in this club for that kind of behaviour.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:17 pm 

Gers wrote:
If he's unable to control himself we'd be better off getting rid of him while we can. There's no place in this club for that kind of behaviour.

My ….
You are a little WUM today.