THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:12 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:49 pm 

Quote:
Am I imagining it or do these look the best side we have played this season?

Quote:
They play like they are a league above. However, I don’t think Tranmere have their formation right to cope with their set up.

Quote:
We've got a low block set up which usually works well, but some of their movement has been excellent. Finding good room between the lines to receive the ball. Couple of our lads heads spinning to see where their player had gone.
Tomlinson has been excellent.

Quote:
MK are controlling this 2nd half...best side we have played this season so far.

Quote:
What a bummer! right at the death. but fair play to MK, they were a very good side with a number of good players in their set up, they controlled the midfield and had lots n lots of possession, but they were lacking in the penalty box until that last gasp goal..

Quote:
Gutted to lose so late on but we deserved nothing out of the game, we were poor and they were much the better team.

Quote:
They were a good team and deserved to win but a last second goal is hard to swallow. Strange tactics second half where we just backed off and backed off. Dons were well organised, Rovers struggling to break them down. I think Rovers were happy with the point such was Dons' dominance with the ball but playing for a point is a dangerous game and we got sucker punched just as we did last week.

Quote:
Hard to begrudge MK the win in a game that they controlled the tempo for the most part; felt a bit like a cat playing with a mouse, we nearly escaped with our lives, but not quite!

Quote:
. MK got frustrated and took some daft long shots. However they got some better openings. Letting them have possession until they brought to us was a clever ploy. In the last ten they ran out of ideas and we actually opened them up. Then a sucker punch although on boxing points it was a wide margin defeat.

Quote:
In fairness, it is the same tactics that have just seen us go on a run of one defeat in ten games. We set up to be difficult to break down and hit on the counter, and I think that is the right approach with this group of players.

We comprehensively beat Notts County with similar tactics, but today we were missing a couple of key players and too many others simply did not perform. Plus, MK Dons are probably the best side we have faced, as strong defensively as they are good in possession.

We should not overreact to one defeat against a team that are simply better than us.

Quote:
Good of the referee to keep on playing until they scored at the end there. The corner was taken after added time had finished and cleared twice but still he played on deciding to finally blow up after the goal and as we restarted the game. In fairness to MK Dons though, they looked about two leagues higher than us.

Quote:
A fair few decent players in that MK side today but for me their standout player this afternoon was their No 6 Williams in central mid.

Quote:
What happend at the end there in the town paddock? Something about the Dons players were celebrating and throwing water at fans?

Quote:
Rather than celebrate together, run on the pitch and enjoy their last gasp winner (deserved victory in the end), a number of them chose to turn and goad fans, coming over to the barriers, leaning around the dug-out, gesturing, verbal abuse being thrown about. Really unnecessary lack of class at that moment and incited some unsavoury scenes. Just waiting for the fan bashers to emerge as it’s always the fault of the fans.
I’m in a HKR banned from music forum frame of mind!
I was half-expecting their number 5 to pull up a deckchair, light a cigar and sip from a cocktail due to having so much time to walk the ball out; not really seen the likes before.

Quote:
The rumpus in the paddock was caused by the away dugout squirting water at the fans & their no. 18 goading them!

Quote:
Great to read so many opinions. Completely agree that MK were the best side I've seen this season.

A special mention to both their wing backs, especially Tomlinson on their left who seemed to have Pike on toast, but overall their entire team looked either big and strong or pacey and dangerous.

Quote:
Tbh my thinking was that they should have been out of sight by the end of the first half. If they had a decent central ST up top I think we would have been finished. As it was, I felt they cut through us time and time again and if they had a bit more quality in the box, we could have been 4+ down.

Quote:
The only thing really missing from that MK side is a decent goalscoring striker, if they had had one yesterday then the scoreline could have been worse for Rovers.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:16 pm 

:shock:

Lots of positive comments there

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:32 pm 

Blimey! Not what I expected at all. Thought we’d get the usual franchise stuff but they’ve obviously let the grown ups post. Fair play to them.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:53 pm 

No mention of Franchise? Oh well. Credit for that.

Our bench threw water on their fans??? IF TRUE...Technically that is common assault. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:54 pm 

I read elsewhere that our bench was being goaded for most of the game, to then complain when you get dished out the killer blow is being a dick.
I also noticed on some footage I saw Gilbey getting all sorts of shit from the home end when he missed that one on one…..appears they like to dish it out, but can’t take it back.
Can also recall the abuse Chuks got at one game there.
F*** em.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:18 pm 

WellDon wrote:
I read elsewhere that our bench was being goaded for most of the game, to then complain when you get dished out the killer blow is being a dick.
I also noticed on some footage I saw Gilbey getting all sorts of shit from the home end when he missed that one on one…..appears they like to dish it out, but can’t take it back.
F*** em.

That’s just typical football fans. Give abuse out for 90mins and as soon as a player does something back they can’t take it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:09 pm 

WellDon wrote:
F*** em.

Yes you can clearly see that on the highlights. Not just a sarcastic "wahaaay!" but full on 'fingers' and w*nker motions no doubt accompanied by choice words.
Very uncouth lot.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:46 pm 

They’re scousers AND northerners, what do you expect?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:40 pm 

I'm of the opinion that Dean should be suspended for that. You can't be doing nonsense like that. Bringing the club into disrepute. Three games would suffice for me.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:22 pm 

Gers wrote:
I'm of the opinion that Dean should be suspended for that. You can't be doing nonsense like that. Bringing the club into disrepute. Three games would suffice for me.

A 3 game ban for giving it back to the fans that have abused you all game? :lol: Give over