THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Live - Tranmere
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:59 pm 

Leighton wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
Scum. wrote:
Have that you depressing huddle of one up two downs and one Asian greengrocer dwarfed by a derelict dockyard and three giant electricity furnaces belching green smoke all day that’s twinned with a town in Belgium that doesn’t even exist!

And that's the 'posh' part of town.....

We are in the north west for the weekend but decided not go.......gutted now!

You have my sympathies.
3CR made ref to 'a lot of (police) sirens' and 'possibly trouble outside the ground' after the game. Anyone know anything?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:11 pm 

We are going up!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:04 pm 

It's a grower!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:51 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
Leighton wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
Scum. wrote:
Have that you depressing huddle of one up two downs and one Asian greengrocer dwarfed by a derelict dockyard and three giant electricity furnaces belching green smoke all day that’s twinned with a town in Belgium that doesn’t even exist!

You have my sympathies.
3CR made ref to 'a lot of (police) sirens' and 'possibly trouble outside the ground' after the game. Anyone know anything?

Maybe for the best we didn't go then ..... romantic weekend with the missus would have been ruined!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:56 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
Leighton wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
Scum. wrote:

You have my sympathies.

Lots of shenanigans outside and even MIchaell Kelly’s interview was to the backdrop of a police helicopter. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:37 am 

Aliramone wrote:
Leighton wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
Scum. wrote:

You have my sympathies.

They got their arse in their hands and came round to the away exit and just started shouting super white army. It was the same lot that were kicking off with Dean trying to goad out fans into retaliating. They knew full well Dean is an Everton fan and scoring the winner when we did he may have been a little OTT with his celebration. To be fair the police chopper was rediculous and fuck knows why it was needed. I don't think any of our lot took the bait as we were just happy we won. In all honesty it was the loudest they were all day the atmosphere there was fucking awful. I have seen snooker tournaments with more noise. They just had a mouthful of sour grapes. I will say though one scally did get in to the away end as we were all leaving. They will play the victim but I hear thats what people from that area like to do

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:43 am 

Russybcool wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
Leighton wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
Scum. wrote:

You have my sympathies.

They got their arse in their hands and came round to the away exit and just started shouting super white army. It was the same lot that were kicking off with Dean trying to goad out fans into retaliating. They knew full well Dean is an Everton fan and scoring the winner when we did he may have been a little OTT with his celebration. To be fair the police chopper was rediculous and fuck knows why it was needed. I don't think any of our lot took the bait as we were just happy we won. In all honesty it was the loudest they were all day the atmosphere there was fucking awful. I have seen snooker tournaments with more noise. They just had a mouthful of sour grapes. I will say though one scally did get in to the away end as we were all leaving. They will play the victim but I hear thats what people from that area like to do

I feel better knowing I didn't miss any atmosphere at least

Great 3 points and looking forward to Saturday

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:35 am 

A helicopter? That is a bit crazy. Those things cost a fortune to fly around so to send it to a League 2 match.... :? I'd assume there were worst 'incidents' around the town than that going on.

Quote:
I will say though one scally did get in to the away end as we were all leaving. They will play the victim but I hear that's what people from that area like to do

He'd just woken up from his crack induced sleep and got the time of day and part of the ground wrong. It's not his fault.
I hope you lads told him his team played well and we got lucky and offered to buy him a nice cup of tea. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:17 pm 

Quote:
I will say though one scally did get in to the away end as we were all leaving. They will play the victim but I hear that's what people from that area like to do

In my opinion this started as a result of those in power trying to cover up the Hillsborough disaster and police failings and to continue it whilst supporting Max who is from the area would be absurd.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:59 pm 

A load of silliness at the end, really.

I like Tranmere. Decent club and over the years have met and spoke to many a pleasant Rovers fan so the dickheads outside afterwards shouldn't detract from that. A scally minority.
I also think the policing was a shambles. Police more content with grabbing some of our fans by the scruff of the neck for shouting "you scouse bastards" as opposed to actually separating the supporters on the road and being organised. They really didn't have a clue.
I think a group of away fans walking out onto a road to go home, singing and enjoying themselves is fairly normal in football, I also feel like home fans who are disgruntled for a load of reasons is also fairly normal. Why in 2024 they're content to let things go wrong first before they actually get a lid on things and prevent people getting hurt I don't know.

Whether you wanted to cause trouble or not, the locals were outside the away entrance trying to cause agg. If you were a guy just wanting to get to his car or the coach and avoid any kinda grief you were at a real disadvantage there.

If only the police tried talking to them

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6