THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:49 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:50 pm 

Quote:
Their last few wins have been against some of the lesser teams in the division . Crawley. FGR, Colchester, Morcambe. All valuable wins of course but I think they will come unstuck against a resurgent rovers.

Quote:
New year. New found faith. 4-3-3 is the magic formation that will change rovers fortunes. Starting with New Year’s Days 3 points .

Quote:
Payne in midfield is a very good player at this level. We will need to disrupt his ability to control the game.

Looks like they have a youthful attack. A passing side with lots of movement. They can bring Ellis Harrison on as well who is a very good Joe Ironside type forward but quicker. Another game not for Tom Anderson, if there is any.

Joe Tomlinson, who we nearly signed last season is in terrific form at wing back.

Their back 3 are seasoned pros at league one level. But Molyneux could get some joy against the 39 year old Dean Lewington on that side.

Quote:
Could have been a cricket score for us in the first half - superb from us, but they look very poor.
If it was 6-0 at the break, they would still have come away thinking they have been lucky.

Quote:
I’m wondering if we look back come season end, and the Mansfield game/ change of formation really was a “moment”.

Quote:
That was a really excellent result. They’ve been on a superb run but we dismantled them. Bit like how they dismantled Wimbledon, just that we didn’t steal a club. Well done Grant McCann for turning this around so quickly. Hope it continues.

Quote:
Superb first half, and a very controlled second for the most part. We could’ve had 4 or 5 first half easily. More of that please!

Quote:
Incredible first half where we looked dangerous throughout and should have scored more. Couldn’t keep the ball in second half but maintained the very high work rate and barely gave them a look in. Crowd looked a bit sparse, especially in south stand, but hopefully they will be flocking back if we can maintain today’s level.

Quote:
First half we were excellent, blew them away. Probably the best half of football we've played all season.

Second half, we didn't play much football, it was just a case of not doing anything stupid to let them back into the game. They had all the ball but did nothing with it.

The Notts County defeat seems to have helped us weirdly - prompted a change of system and the players have reacted positively.

Quote:
We made a very good team look, pretty well….shite
The 11 that started were all brilliant, the clean sheet was an added bonus

Quote:
Well I hope it is now his preferred formation.
I have been saying we need to go to a back 4 for some time.
I don’t think it is any co incidence that 2 of our best performances have come by playing a proper defensive formation. One that our players look comfortable playing.

How we were not 5-0 up at H/T I don’t know.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:47 pm 

Oakeedokee wrote:
Quote:
Their last few wins have been against some of the lesser teams in the division . Crawley. FGR, Colchester, Morcambe. All valuable wins of course but I think they will come unstuck against a resurgent rovers.

Quote:

Crawley top half, FGR League One last season, Morecombe top half, yet apparently all "lesser" teams to Doncaster? They derserved to win today don't get me wrong, but fuck me, their club is the epitome of nothingness and they're trying to give it large over other clubs?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:33 am 

BristolDon wrote:
Oakeedokee wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Crawley top half, FGR League One last season, Morecombe top half, yet apparently all "lesser" teams to Doncaster? They derserved to win today don't get me wrong, but fuck me, their club is the epitome of nothingness and they're trying to give it large over other clubs?

Doncaster will finish above all four of those sides to be fair. FGR are conference and obscurity bound (no bad thing), regardless of what league they were in last season.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:53 pm 

Why are FGR so disliked? Serious question, I know absolutely nothing about them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:56 pm 

Oakeedokee wrote:
Why are FGR so disliked? Serious question, I know nothing about their past or their current setup.

I'm guessing it's the vegan & eco-friendly schtick that winds some people up. Some people like to take the piss out of vegetarians and all that, though God knows why. I'm an omnivore but fair play to people that choose not to eat meat, or try and limit their impact on the planet.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:58 pm 

I suspected as much, but thought there might be more to it than that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:50 pm 

Oakeedokee wrote:
Why are FGR so disliked? Serious question, I know absolutely nothing about them.

Because their fans are a bunch of wankers and their players stink like cow poo.

In all seriousness, it is because they didn’t earn their place in the league through anything other than money and they have no history in the FL.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:04 pm 

Scum. wrote:
Oakeedokee wrote:

In all seriousness, it is because they didn’t earn their place in the league through anything other than money and they have no history in the FL.

How ironic :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:26 pm 

Oakeedokee wrote:
Scum. wrote:
Oakeedokee wrote:

How ironic :lol: :lol:

We at least have history in the FL.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:57 am 

Oakeedokee wrote:

Mainly due to the owner and his various publicity stunts. Never met a FGR fan.