THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Live - Crawley
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:12 pm 

Oakeedokee wrote:
Have just watched the highlights video. The ref was attrocious. He should really have blown the whistle when their second player went down leading up to our second goal. And having re-wound the video several timesI still can't fathom the reason for their player being given a second yellow, seemed completely out of the blue. Any ideas what that was all about?

Their first player to go down was ignored by the second to go down who chose to play on. I suppose the ref felt the second player was not really hurt. The contact looked minimal. In any event they chalked off a perfectly good goal.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:18 pm 

Pseudonym wrote:
Oakeedokee wrote:
Have just watched the highlights video. The ref was attrocious. He should really have blown the whistle when their second player went down leading up to our second goal. And having re-wound the video several timesI still can't fathom the reason for their player being given a second yellow, seemed completely out of the blue. Any ideas what that was all about?

Their first player to go down was ignored by the second to go down who chose to play on. I suppose the ref felt the second player was not really hurt. The contact looked minimal. In any event they chalked off a perfectly good goal.

Also, Crawley had the opportunity to kick the ball out and they didn’t, so why the hell should we?

The second player also went down for absolutely no reason and unsurprisingly, didn’t need treat.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:41 am 

Kemp is coming come so Payne is feeling the pain.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:42 am 

It wasn't a great performance and against a better team we'd have been at least two down by half time. During a crowded Christmas schedule, the points are far more important than the performance and we can move on to the next one. Especially when almost everyone else in the top half dropped points, that was such an important one to get over the line.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:58 am 

Gandi_Olfston wrote:
I have to say I disagree with the comments about Leko. He wasn't brilliant but neither was anyone else and I think at least in possession, Payne, Devoy, O'Hora and Williams were all much more wasteful. Payne specifically was almost responsible for 3 goals himself. I also feel defensively for someone who clearly isn't a full back I thought he did well.
Saying all that he should have been subbed earlier although seeing how Norman was one yellow away from suspension and yellows are wiped after today I can see why MW waited maybe a little longer than he would have normally.

Sorry, whilst I sympathise that he was out of position and it was tough for him, I won't for a second accept anyone saying they "thought he did well." He wasn't alone in having a poor performance but that doesn't mean he didn't have one.
I disagree with cheering him going off, it is harsh and not very supportive. We've got to be better as a fanbase than that.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:34 am 

Alby39 wrote:
We've got to be better as a fanbase than that.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:19 am 

As has been said , we were not at the races at all last night. We were very good against Colchester a few days ago, I just think the schedule caught up on the players last night and we were tired and leggy. Payne has been sensational for us, but has played every minute for this period and I suspect him and max dean especially were gassed.

Leko is a league 2 footballer for a reason sadly. He is a talented player and on his day is unplayable in this league. He is extremely inconsistent though and his decision making at times beggars belief. I personally think this manager can get more out of Leko and I would keep him for the rest of the season at least. There will be times when we are struggling in a game we can stick him on out wide and tell him to get at teams as we did with corbeneu ( who was also like Leko inconsistent and made questionable decisions with his passing/ shooting).

In lots of ways I quite enjoyed the game last night. The FGR and Colchester games we absolutely dominated. Last night was a scrap that could have gone either way. I said in the thread I would have taken a draw at half time so to come out with 3 points was fantastic.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:35 am 

Zen wrote:
As has been said , we were not at the races at all last night. We were very good against Colchester a few days ago, I just think the schedule caught up on the players last night and we were tired and leggy. Payne has been sensational for us, but has played every minute for this period and I suspect him and max dean especially were gassed.

Leko is a league 2 footballer for a reason sadly. He is a talented player and on his day is unplayable in this league. He is extremely inconsistent though and his decision making at times beggars belief. I personally think this manager can get more out of Leko and I would keep him for the rest of the season at least. There will be times when we are struggling in a game we can stick him on out wide and tell him to get at teams as we did with corbeneu ( who was also like Leko inconsistent and made questionable decisions with his passing/ shooting).

In lots of ways I quite enjoyed the game last night. The FGR and Colchester games we absolutely dominated. Last night was a scrap that could have gone either way. I said in the thread I would have taken a draw at half time so to come out with 3 points was fantastic.

A big problem with Leko is holding onto the ball, especially if he runs to it. He seems to stop 6 feet in front of it and the defender nips in and steals it. He get too square on too.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:57 am 

Personally I think Leko quite simply isn't good enough. Nothing against him, but he's not very good at football.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:13 am 

Gers wrote:
Personally I think Leko quite simply isn't good enough. Nothing against him, but he's not very good at football.

I've always had Dangerous Dan Powell vibes with Leko.

Exciting and baffling in equal measures.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next