THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Live - Crawley
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:36 pm 

Two good goals sandwiched a mediocre performance, we looked tired from the off, Crawley looked fresher and were certainly the better side and unlucky not to have scored at least three before the break, Mac turned in his best game so far and was my MOM, Leko was abysmal and that’s probably his last game in a Dons shirt.

Midfield seemed overrun at times and couldn’t find any rhythm whatsoever, the ball being given away far too often with Payne surprisingly the major culprit.

Still, a win is a win and if we can do that playing well below our best, that can only be a positive, up another place and the unbeaten run goes on :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:37 pm 

An off day but we still won, so good signs.

Crawley play decent football and press really high. This does leave gapping holes but they line up with 4 tall CB’s so when you boot it forward as they press you, they just win the ball in the air.

We should have exploited the gaps a lot better than we did but our passing was extremely poor. Hopefully it’s a one off.

Thought the ref was nearing on corrupt until he sent their player off. Must just be terrible. So inconsistent with his yellow cards and we just couldn’t win anything.

Also, was Tomlinson offside? He looked well on to me so was surprised to see the flag go up. Not sure if you could tell from iFollow?

Also, the cheering when Leko went off was just so unnecessary. Granted he didn’t play well, but jeering your own players is never acceptable.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:53 pm 

How the ref let go several blatant pulls on Harrisons shirt I'll never know, one of them round the scruff of the neck.
Man of the Match surely had to be McGilivray, several outstanding saves to deny them three, maybe four goals.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:54 pm 

I can't understand why Jack Payne's passing has become so off. He was one of our best players a few weeks back.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:56 pm 

We were really lucky to not be at least 2 behind going into the break. We kept gifting it to them to them.....worrying if we come up against a more clinical side playing this way

But always a good sign to win despite dodgy moments and the table makes nice viewing tonight

Enjoyed the first chants of 'on our way' tonight....starting to believe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:00 pm 

I thought Williams made the most errors, although Payne was a close second.

Worst performance under Williamson by a long way. Static midfield and couldn’t string more than two passes for most of the match.

I also thought Tomlinson was onside and a lad’s video in front of me suggested he was very much so.

Yes, Leko no longer justifies his wage and should be sold - sadly. I couldn’t understand why Williamson left him on so long.

Another weird ref (for both teams).

MacGillivray definitely MotM.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:02 pm 

I can forgive the "off" performance, we played our style, and didn't change to suit them or adjust. And it worked in the end.

It's a tricky period and we've won 4 in a row. That's wonderful - however you manage it. Different case under Alexander who just conceded chances for no reason and played abysmal football.

Get through Donny, and the players will have a well earned rest and come back afterwards with a much better physical state

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:04 pm 

I have to say I disagree with the comments about Leko. He wasn't brilliant but neither was anyone else and I think at least in possession, Payne, Devoy, O'Hora and Williams were all much more wasteful. Payne specifically was almost responsible for 3 goals himself. I also feel defensively for someone who clearly isn't a full back I thought he did well.
Saying all that he should have been subbed earlier although seeing how Norman was one yellow away from suspension and yellows are wiped after today I can see why MW waited maybe a little longer than he would have normally.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:06 pm 

Have just watched the highlights video. The ref was attrocious. He should really have blown the whistle when their second player went down leading up to our second goal. And having re-wound the video several timesI still can't fathom the reason for their player being given a second yellow, seemed completely out of the blue. Any ideas what that was all about?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:09 pm 

CleanDon wrote:
The attendance is shocking, I’m to blame, I’ve not gone, but how do we ever improve it

Move to Belfast? :lol:

Seriously, though, reduce the prices especially for folks looking to bring their kids. People cant afford it like they could pre-COVID.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next