THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Live - Crawley
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:15 am 

Why did Leko get moved back to wingback? We started with Gilbey there.

Post subject: Re: Live - Crawley
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:09 am 

Alby39 wrote:

Sorry, whilst I sympathise that he was out of position and it was tough for him, I won't for a second accept anyone saying they "thought he did well." He wasn't alone in having a poor performance but that doesn't mean he didn't have one.
I disagree with cheering him going off, it is harsh and not very supportive. We've got to be better as a fanbase than that.

I am not saying he had a great game but as a defender your number one job is to defend and ensure that you don't put your defence in danger. He did that. To make sure I am not mental I had a look at the stats from the game (FotMob) and his defensive stats were pretty good. 2/3 tackles completes (2nd), 4 recoveries (4th), times dribbled past 0 (1st), Duels won 6/8 (2nd).

I am not saying he had a great game, he wasn't involved at all going forwards, but the fact of the matter is that people cheered when he went of and are singling him out for a bad performance when other players were clearly worse and defensively he was one of our better performers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6