The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:08 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Live - Colchester
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:00 pm 

We scored a goal hooray.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:16 pm 

Thank Jesus Christ that we got the goal we deserved. 27 shots and 2/3 of the ball but I must say Colchester defended very well and will feel they did enough to get a point
Loved the Lewie fist pumps at the end too

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:31 pm 

BristolDon wrote:
Shame we're starting with MJ again. I think Smith is being hard done by here, I don't think he's that bad on the ball so I'd prefer him to be starting over Williams. Also interesting that we're going for Leko over Grant. Did Grant pick up a knock or just being rotated?

I thought MJ was excellent at RB. I've not really rated him in midfield but he looks very comfortable in the back line.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:05 pm 

What a result.

We were good today and deserved the win, but Col U defended well and will feel hard done by.

That is the sort of game that could define seasons

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:31 pm 

I honestly can't recall an end of game atmosphere like that in recent months at all.

Usually I P*ss off as soon as the whistle goes but me and the Junior Ramones stayed to clap and cheer the whole team and especially whatsisname.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:51 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
BristolDon wrote:
Shame we're starting with MJ again. I think Smith is being hard done by here, I don't think he's that bad on the ball so I'd prefer him to be starting over Williams. Also interesting that we're going for Leko over Grant. Did Grant pick up a knock or just being rotated?

I thought MJ was excellent at RB. I've not really rated him in midfield but he looks very comfortable in the back line.

RCB*, but yeah I agree. I’ve been critical of him but I thought he was excellent today. You can’t play two left footers in a back 3, which is why Smith isn’t playing. Also because he’s not that good on the ball.

Genuinely thinking Williams keeps Norman out of the team too (once Harvie is back) based on today.

Tomlinson - Williams - O’Hora - Lewi - Harvie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:21 pm 

Good win, Colchester seemingly come for a draw and were happy to defend for the majority of the match, it did look like they were going to do it, watching chance after chance go begging before Harrison struck on the 90 minute mark.

I did wonder if the referee had travelled up on the Colchester team coach, he seemed delighted to give them more or less every decision going and ignoring blatant fouling, handballs plus other shenanigans Colchester were guilty of.

Lewie got the official MOM and I wouldn’t really argue with that on his big day, but once again Jack Payne was superb and on the downside Leko was his usual selfish persona, wasting possession, not tracking back, shooting when a pass was on, he’s great in flashes but utterly frustrating most of the time.

Into the play off zone, game or two in hand, hope we can keep this form up going into 2024!