THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:27 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:00 pm 

Quote:
One nil already. Another long afternoon ahead..

Quote:
I'm sorry to say that this is awful to watch.
Have a feeling I will be well on my way home before the match ends today.

Quote:
Oh goodness. We are so bad.

Im only listening on the radio but it seems that our midfield are providing no cover. Surely, once we are out of the FA Cup, DH must go

Quote:
We are second best in every way today. It was when we failed to beat (what last year was) a weak MK Dons team in December last year that I became pretty certain we were going down. Not sure the same is not the case this year. Ok there are only two rather than four relegation places from this division, but we look every bit as out of depth here now as we did there then. Some of these players are pretty capable, too, probably overall better than the team we had in either half of last season.

Get ready for away trips to Eastleigh...

Quote:
Apart from appearing on the team sheet is Deeney actually playing today ??? Don’t think he’s been mentioned once in 40 minutes

Quote:
I still find it hard to fathom how we may go back to back relegations with our budget and amount of players and staff we have gone through. Is this the largest amount of money wasted in EFL history?

Quote:
We are very poor. MK all over us. DH will have to dream up some new excuses for his interview because this isn’t an injury hit line-up. We can’t tackle, pass, shoot or do any constructive!

Quote:
That's it.
I can't torture myself any longer.
I'm sat in my car about to leave for home. Still around 25mins to go and I feel there may be a couple of goals to come in the game but don't think it will be FGR. If you do you are going to be very disappointed.
Should be home before the game ends.

Quote:
This is abysssssmal ! Haven’t won a tackle and haven’t had a shot on goal. The two basics of football an we haven’t got a clue

Quote:
Deeney gives shirt to MK fans. Doesnt acknowledge Rovers fans.

Quote:
Sounds like he wants that to be his last game for the club. Cheerio then

Quote:
I hope so

Toxic member of the dressing room & a genuinely poor footballer at this level. Miles off it. 50% pass completion for the 7th match in a row.

Quote:
The one shot on target (Troy free header in box) was so bad it didn't go down as an actual shot on target. WTAF has happened to our club?

Quote:
Starting line up had Nil goals written all over it again.

Mr. Williamson a far superior manager than Mr. Horseman. He knew how we line up and snuffed us out.

Wouldn't mind being involved with the after match conversation between Mr. Horseman and Mr. Deeney.

Quote:

can anyone seriously think that new players in january will make a difference.
no one will any brains/talent will want to sign for fgr -fgr are a laughing stock these days.

Quote:
We're the most naive club in the world. We have no idea what we're looking for in a manager or in the players we sign, no idea when the right time is to get rid of a manager, no idea how how to turn around a bad situation, no idea how to structure the club, no idea how to engage with fans, no idea how costly another relegation would be.

I think there was a massive sense of complacency last season that relegation wouldn't be too bad and we'd bounce straight back. Before that there was a massive complacency that rising up the leagues would be 'easy' once we were out of the Conference. Even now there is a massive sense of complacency that things will sort themselves out and we'll never be relegated again. Wake up Dale ffs

Quote:
On Friday night, Troy was on Sky Sports on the evening game.

Surely not ideal preparation, a trip to/from London before the scheduled Wrexham game?

And then you have a manager, who is terrified of public criticising Deeney, but happy to throw the others under the bus.

We looked somewhat decent prior to Deeney coming in. Not great, granted, but decent..competed well against Swindon/Harrogate

Who's idea was it to bring in a 35 year old striker, to a side that wants to be focusing on pressing? It's genuinely mind boggling to me

A strong DOF would have suggested this not to be a smart move

Quote:
One of the worst eve performances of the professional era. No fight, no spirit, no skill. At least their keeper won’t have to wash his kit because he didn’t need to dive once. Horseman is now on par with Lewer as the worst coach we’ve ever had. Same far post non-marking against Scarborough and today overrun in midfield and defence narrow when MKD went wide with obvious consequences, both goals coming in that way. Keeper not fit, Deeney too many histrionics, McAliister getting more and more disillusioned. Thought Robertson, Robson and Morton put in a shift - others largely disappointing. Centre Backs looked like they just met before kick off.

Clearly Horseman has lost the dressing room if he ever had it. No good getting new players in with this coach. He can’t even get the basics right. Didn’t win one header in their box and looked shaky whenever they attacked. 4-0 wouldn’t have flattered them. Change is desperately needed as there are far better alternatives out there.

Quote:
Imagine working so hard to get into the Football League and then just standing idly by as we exit. Apathetically even.

A prominent MK Dons fan on another forum I visit said it was the most comfortable three points they've gotten all season.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:12 pm 

Really bleak outlook for them. Sadly, I don't think they'll be missed from the league.

I honestly thought the Deeney signing was quite a coup - shows what I know! Hard to think where he goes next - other than Sky Sports on a permanent basis.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:09 am 

They were completely inept. One of the worst sides I have seen in league football.

They weren’t great last season at stadium mk but that game last season was a scrap, and we were quite lucky to get a win. This season FGR were a very different proposition. No fight at all, a hapless defence and going forward they were truly dreadful. The guy who got his head bandaged up was one of the worst players I have ever seen. He was clean through on our left at one point and took about 46 touches for no reason at all. Troy Deeney was like Usain Bolt when he ran back to catch max dean , and barely ran at all for the rest of the game. It was clear in the game we were playing everything through Jack Payne yet FGR just left him in acres of space to pick passes whenever and wherever he wanted.

I am convinced those players were not playing for the manager- Deeney will be their manager by the weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:58 am 

I don’t know why they kept Deeney on the pitch. He was offering absolutely nothing and his body language was dire. A player of that “ilk” acting like that will definitely have had a negative impact on the rest of the team.

Their manager needs to toughen up a bit and bench Deeney.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:12 am 

That was probably one of the worst performances Ive seen from an away side at the stadium. Not necessarily footballing wise but the lack of application, desire and professional pride.

Having said that, I think it was a good job they were so poor because we were no great shakes either. Happy with the points but a few worrying signs in there. If Dean and or Payne get injured for any length of time, its going to be a big problem.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:12 pm 

Forest Green actually have some decent players for the level. The likes of Morton, Innis, JMT, Dabo, Sweeney etc are more than respectable for this level. Collectively hopeless mind you. No idea if it's the manager or the club in general, but they look like they are in freefall.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:38 pm 

FGR were hopeless, Deeney actually laughed when Payne nutmegged him by the east stand touchline, the body language of the whole team was one of “we’ve given up”

Heading out of the league for certain, it will take a miracle for them to survive.

I didn’t think we were great either, but didn’t need to get out of third gear, they were so bad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:33 pm 

Zen wrote:
They were completely inept. One of the worst sides I have seen in league football.

They weren’t great last season at stadium mk but that game last season was a scrap, and we were quite lucky to get a win. This season FGR were a very different proposition. No fight at all, a hapless defence and going forward they were truly dreadful. The guy who got his head bandaged up was one of the worst players I have ever seen. He was clean through on our left at one point and took about 46 touches for no reason at all. Troy Deeney was like Usain Bolt when he ran back to catch max dean , and barely ran at all for the rest of the game. It was clear in the game we were playing everything through Jack Payne yet FGR just left him in acres of space to pick passes whenever and wherever he wanted.

I am convinced those players were not playing for the manager- Deeney will be their manager by the weekend.

As night follows day Deeney is in and their manager is out.

I think it was crystal clear that the players and deeney stitched this up - I think it is disgusting.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:37 pm 

Not happy at all
https://forum.fgr.co.uk/post/horseman-sacked-12797858

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:46 am 

Oakeedokee wrote:

They are truly doomed ....who's likely coming up from non league this year?