THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:04 pm 

Not remotely arsed about going out, didn't keep up to date with the score u til we were 2 or 3 down.

However, it's abundantly clear now if it wasn't over the past 15 months or so that we need to overhaul this lot massively. It isn't easy, but it needs to happen. No more "let ___ get a run under a new manager" bollocks. 4 managers in, and still bsolute dross. Back the gaffer like we backed Russ and get these wasters out

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:05 pm 

That's the kind of show that makes you wonder what is going on in the background.

I resent paying £10 for Ifollow. God help those that actually went.

My son's Sunday league team would have beaten that lot.

Apart from Anthony Stewart, I would ship the lot out in January and that does include our U17 player who needs to get football practice away from this lot or we will ruin him for the future

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:21 pm 

Supervisor number 5 wrote:
Considering the sponsor of this competition, would this be described as a "car crash of a result"?

Oi. It's me that post such nonsense on here. ;)
Vis a vis the car reference it's certainly a highway to hell.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:27 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
Supervisor number 5 wrote:
Considering the sponsor of this competition, would this be described as a "car crash of a result"?

Oi. It's me that post such nonsense on here. ;)
Vis a vis the car reference it's certainly a highway to hell.

More creative than the team tonight? :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:34 pm 

Meanwhile 20 miles down the road a team who not that long ago were non-league currently holding Arsenal 2 all in the premiership in a sold out stadium while we played in an empty, souless bowl. Going well the old MK thing. What was it that fella' said at the end of last season? "A failed football experiment".

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:13 pm 

Gers wrote:
Meanwhile 20 miles down the road a team who not that long ago were non-league currently holding Arsenal 2 all in the premiership in a sold out stadium while we played in an empty, souless bowl. Going well the old MK thing. What was it that fella' said at the end of last season? "A failed football experiment".

So you’re saying that if we get relegated this season, we’ll be premier league in a few years?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:12 am 

Gers wrote:

Considering where we were in 2004 I'm still pretty happy with seeing us reach the Championship, smash United 4-0, Russball and the 21-22 season, pissing off AFC and getting to see My Chemical Romance at stadium:mk. Had we hoped for more by now, fuck yeah. Still plenty of time for our fortunes to change. Little Wigan lived the dream then came crashing down, Blackpool rose back to the top and dropped. It may be shit, but as with Luton things can change quickly and unexpectedly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:04 am 

cornerdon26 wrote:
Gers wrote:

Considering where we were in 2004 I'm still pretty happy with seeing us reach the Championship, smash United 4-0, Russball and the 21-22 season, pissing off AFC and getting to see My Chemical Romance at stadium:mk. Had we hoped for more by now, fuck yeah. Still plenty of time for our fortunes to change. Little Wigan lived the dream then came crashing down, Blackpool rose back to the top and dropped. It may be shit, but as with Luton things can change quickly and unexpectedly

I can just imagine the guy I used to work for, a Luton season ticket holder...

"Yeah, we're in the prem, hosting City, Arsenal, Spurs, all the big ones, but Gers gets the chance to see My Chemical Fucking Romance"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:39 am 

Musing on it again this morning. I think either he really didn't give a f- about the competition or he made his first serious misjudgement for us in selecting players for a game.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:09 am 

I think last night showed a few things

1. We have a big issue if our number 1 goalie gets injured any time soon
2. Without the tempo and energy supplied by max dean and jack Payne we are still quite a poor side
3. Mo Eisa is finished as an MK dons player: I do not think he will play again for the club and will be sold or loaned in January.
4. Devoy and Burns are talented players but are both starting to run out of chances and I am not sure either are good enough even for league 2.
5. Leadership remains an issue on the pitch without Gilbey.
6. We cannot rely on Leko. I don’t know where the bottom is for Lekos career.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next