THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:04 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:13 pm 

I think Stewart showed a lot of commitment inthe last 2 EFL trophy matches and was impressed that he straight away gave encouragement to the lad who gave away the penalty against Cobblers.
I think he would be a good backup. Although it seems as if Harvie is preferred as cover.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:24 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:
For me it all depends on how they are affecting the rest of the group.

They're certainly (negatively) affecting us!

I still can't believe Mo's miss ....affecting how I think about him at the moment ...but still our top scorer I think isn't he?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:16 am 

SteelbackDon wrote:
I certainly think the worst thing to happen for players like Harrison, Hunter, Smith and Stewart was the sacking of GA. I just do not see how they fit into the mould of MW's style or requirements and Tuesday showed this for many. Robson, Eisa, Leko and Dennis I believe have run their race, and should not even be kept as backups. Move on and cut our losses. I'd even include MJ Williams in this as he will not be a too-effective in a passing setup.

I think Devoy and Burns have enough about them to be loaned out and seen if gaining some confidence can inspire a positive return.

The overriding factor is what makes commercial sense. If the coffers are empty and we are hocked-up to our limits, that will have a huge bearing on decisions. We should assume we are near or at that point given the unsustainable haemorrhaging of cash in the last two seasons.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:25 am 

Pseudonym wrote:
SteelbackDon wrote:
I certainly think the worst thing to happen for players like Harrison, Hunter, Smith and Stewart was the sacking of GA. I just do not see how they fit into the mould of MW's style or requirements and Tuesday showed this for many. Robson, Eisa, Leko and Dennis I believe have run their race, and should not even be kept as backups. Move on and cut our losses. I'd even include MJ Williams in this as he will not be a too-effective in a passing setup.

I think Devoy and Burns have enough about them to be loaned out and seen if gaining some confidence can inspire a positive return.

The overriding factor is what makes commercial sense. If the coffers are empty and we are hocked-up to our limits, that will have a huge bearing on decisions. We should assume we are near or at that point given the unsustainable haemorrhaging of cash in the last two seasons.

We haemorrhage cash every season, although ironically not the season before last. Finances are a factor for certain but actually, the same as every business, its about spending the money on what or who gets results. We have maybe half a dozen who dont fit the bill for a number of reasons, including a change in style of football that no longer suits, not good enough per se or even a loss of form or ability.

for whichever reason, we need to try and move them on if we can. Eisa and Leko are probably moveable, Hunter maybe but the others might be a bit tricky.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7