THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:37 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:07 pm 

Quote:
Franchise pricks debating where Kemp should sit tomorrow as they’ve got wind that he may be sitting with the Swindon fans

Quote:
a draw would be good and a win amazing but we really are at bare bones with an utterly threadbare squad depth and with no obvious replacement for Kemp today and missing the ever dependable Brewitt it will be tough today.

Quote:
Up against Joe Tomlinson and Jack Payne today, we all know how that ends!

Quote:
Christ is MK lard arse Central. Never seen so many heifers

Quote:
That bench is a fucking shambles and Flynn is obviously toeing the party line by stating he isnt worried abut squad depth.

Good fucking grief.

Quote:
My God that stadium is fucking empty. Fucking embarresing club and supporters.

Quote:
Do Plastics have any songs

Quote:
MK look less than the sum of their parts so far.

Quote:
Not sure I have ever seen Payne playing such a deep role is he has for the Dongs today.

Quote:
I've never fallen asleep during a Town game ... but there's always a first time...

Pathetic excuse of a performance...we've reverted to Lyndseyball...

Quote:
Pretty grim half for us that.

Even if you ignore the score, we have done very little to trouble them. Attacking wise as poor a half as I can think of this season.

Quote:
Well that was undeniably a half of football. I remember almost nothing about it and it finished 20 seconds ago.

MK not as good as feared. Swindon not as good as hoped.

Quote:
What’s the point of praising our away support and then playing shit like this, have a fucking go for gods sake, at least go down fighting if we are going to lose!

Quote:
based on what we have seen so far today, I would be shocked if we get anything from this, and MK are not good.

We look tired, bereft of ideas and lacking any real belief.

Quote:
We've gone from the most potent team in the lague to the least in a few weeks.

Quote:
Only another 45 mins and we can fuck off home.

Quote:
Tomlinson’s decent isn’t he.

Quote:
They’re playing some brilliant stuff tbf

Quote:
This isn't going to be our worst result of the season but it's hard to think of a worse performance. Every player bar Mahoney and Young (small sample size) looks well below their best.

Quote:
Payne is ripping us a selection of new rectal passages.

Quote:
Austin is getting massively pissed off

Quote:
Whilst Flynn is being very diplomatic in the press, I'd put 50p on Austin saying something less political fairly soon.

Quote:
Honestly just so depressed that we are midtable L2 dross.

Quote:
I've seen some shit in my time but this takes some beating...

Quote:
Losing to MK, a bench full of kids and worst of all, Phil Smith on comms. What a grim afternoon

Quote:
TBH 90% of us pre season thought we would be mid table this season, nothing has changed other than they gave us some hope early doors which has fizzled out now.

We are where we deserve to be with this threadbare squad.

Quote:
Be threadbare crowds soon. 27 notes to watch this shit. No thanks.

Quote:
Result probably better than expected. Performance fucking dreadful.

Quote:
Feel for those who went today. Amazing support being utterly let down by a club determined to do everything as cheaply as possible. Serious questions needed.

Quote:
A lacklustre display that was papered over by a late goal. We didn’t deserve anything out of that game, bar a spell at the start of the second half we were second best all day.

Quote:
For what it's worth - I didn't think MK were that good.

In fact - I haven't been impressed with anybody yet this season. Certainly another team there today who were there for the taking. They didn't seem that comfortable playing out from the back, and in the first 10 mins I thought they looked vulnerable down the sides and balls over the top.

Credit to MK though - when they did manage to get the ball into the final third they moved it quickly and created opportunities. All too easy sometimes though.

Quote:
A Swindon of old performance, slow and ponderous with possession in abundance in our own half.
Cracking support in numbers, atmosphere a little flat but that is justified with where the club is right now.
Great to see Ellis Iandolo’s Dad and Brothers at the game, still Swindon fans.

Ffs the riot Police after the game, really? Unnecessary.

Hate Franchise with a passion, the positive takeaway today was home by 6pm a novelty for me.

Quote:
A Swindon of old performance, slow and ponderous with possession in abundance in our own half.
Cracking support in numbers, atmosphere a little flat but that is justified with where the club is right now.
Great to see Ellis Iandolo’s Dad and Brothers at the game, still Swindon fans.

Ffs the riot Police after the game, really? Unnecessary.

Hate Franchise with a passion, the positive takeaway today was home by 6pm a novelty for me.

Quote:
Run out of steam and seasons tanking before the clocks have changed. It's almost as if trying to work 13 players to the bone week in week out doesn't work, who could of predicted that...

Feel sorry for Flynn, sold a kipper. Most of all feel sorry for our fans, more away fans than a lot of clubs get at home in this cesspit of a division. Sadly we will never get out of in under Morfuni. Sooner he takes his payday and moves on the better, let's see who the next chancer that rocks up in Town is... this court case cant come soon enough. Stagnation until then, feels like were heading back towards those Flitcroft/Brown seasons of nothingness.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:40 pm 

They offered absolutely nothing. A couple of 3/4 minute spells of quick passing and movement, but until their first goal which came out of nowhere they really did nothing to us.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:57 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
For what it's worth - I didn't think MK were that good.

In fact - I haven't been impressed with anybody yet this season. Certainly another team there today who were there for the taking. They didn't seem that comfortable playing out from the back, and in the first 10 mins I thought they looked vulnerable down the sides and balls over the top.

Credit to MK though - when they did manage to get the ball into the final third they moved it quickly and created opportunities. All too easy sometimes though.

Bit of a contradiction there, are we not good, there for the taking, or moving quickly and creating chances?

For the record I was expecting more from Swinedon, but they were pedestrian and bland, with little creativity, they will slip down the table into obscurity

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:39 am 

A bit disappointing from them really. I guess we were expecting to play the Swindon from a couple of months ago. Just happy tp play the Swindon of yesterday.

They travelled in great numbers, so well done to them for that, but they were incredibly quiet. As someone on there says, that away support will better some home crowds in this league, but a large away support does not guarantee goals.

As for Kemp, he's our player. Yes he plays from them, but on loan from us. So you can fuck off.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:40 am 

The heavy police presence is due to building towards the AI summit at Bletchley Park. Just practice for the police - nothing to do with how massive Swindon are.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:12 am 

Pseudonym wrote:
The heavy police presence is due to building towards the AI summit at Bletchley Park. Just practice for the police - nothing to do with how massive Swindon are.

And there was some sort of music event on in the arena as well. Swindon in not being massive after all shocker.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:22 am 

There is one person with a good point there - there are a lot of big fat biffers in MK.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:34 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
There is one person with a good point there - there are a lot of big fat biffers in MK.

Get yourself on a diet then.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:39 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:

Young man, can you kindly explain that word to me.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:19 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
There is one person with a good point there - there are a lot of big fat biffers in the UK.

Fixed that for you.